The Image Manager thread

Seems to be a more up-to-date way to do the keywording.

Though one can keep the original number of keywords, you will have to reduce to the 50 if you want to enter another. But sometimes you find out that some may be irrelevant in the new system.

One thing that strikes me is the importance of unticking the mage(s) when you have saved the changes (the blue tick mark). Otherwise I think there may be a risk of making a mess.

I was quick about quitting the introducing video - and cannot see a way to get back to it, has anyone got a link? - it may be a good idea to watch.

And it seems to be necessary to edit most supertags as many of them will not the be ones searched, of course, as they originate from the most important keywords pointing in all directions.

But there is a lot of work to be done, unfortunately.

Niels

0.5% with good discoverability!

Boy, have I got some work to do.

Similar for me ((~0.8%) but when I cleaned up one image with good discoverability and refined some phrases it became poor! :(  Even though when I was editing it was improving, I think it may have removed duplicate keywords when I saved.

I can't imagine that the index updates in real time. It would be helpful to know how the manage images system judges discoverability. If Alamy just tell us it will save a lot of trying and testing and frustration - we collectively have a lot of work to do, it seems.

It may not have updated the index in real time but it certainly removed duplicates from the list of tags associated with the images. After save the duplicates were no longer there to be edited. I guess save applies the new rules, so old rules only apply until you edit the metadata for an image.

Be careful adding lots of tags at once - I have just tried entering the full 50 to see what the effect on discoverability is and if you exceed the 50 limit you get an error message but all the tags you entered in the "add new tags" box are deleted.

It appears 40 tags gets you a green bar, and as Keith says above the full 50 gets it to "optimised".

Liking the look of it all but much work to be done!

is it just me or does it look like you have to re keyword every image to get better discoverability ?

When i go through the images that have poor discoverability, and there are a lot, no most of them, they appear to have tag words included from other images ?

Lost ?

Essential keywords = supertags

km

Yep, but how do I add supertags? None of my images show the full amount (10) of supertags.

Cheers,

Philippe

Click on the Grey Star to turn it blue (supertag).

Edit: too slow!

It takes longer to keyword. You have to type keywords in, then click the blue square, then assign supertags one at a time instead of just filling the esskeys box.

I can't find a way to edit a tag either.

No way to copy and paste tags from one MI window to another. This is a massive problem.

It takes longer to keyword. You have to type keywords in, then click the blue square, then assign supertags one at a time instead of just filling the esskeys box.

Or perhaps just a new way of workflow and thinking.

Perhaps just think of the combination of logical words in a search and enter these and click on the white star to make them supertags, and then enter the the fifty keywords. Making one of these a supertag just take a click on the white star in front.

More clicking perhaps.

No way to copy and paste tags from one MI window to another. This is a massive problem.

Yes, if anybody has found a way to edit an existing tag i would be very interested!

If you select multiple images the tags common to all are on black, others are on a grey background. Click on the grey ones, the background goes black and they are added to all selected images.

You can also paste or type multiple tags (comma separated), hit enter and they are all added in one go. No need for blue "+"

Just checked..

all my TIFF files from  DVD / CD submission in 1996 are showing in IM and editable

km

The database must still be updating: only my final CD submission, which was jpeg, is showing at the moment.

Please tell me before I make further changes: As I understand supertags they have to be keyword strings you suppose customers will use  - and in that order - or single keywords. So if your supertags concist of the former ess keywords of different important words, they will have to be edited? 

Edited: My question may seem odd, but in the first images I checked, the essential keywords were all glued together in one supertag. It is not always the case, haven't yet found out in which cases this happens.

If you select multiple images the tags common to all are on black, others are on a grey background. Click on them, the background goes black and they are added to all selected images.

You can also paste or typemultiple tags (comma separated), hit enter and they are all added in one go. No need for blue "+"

What if the image I want to copy keywords from is in a different sub not yet keyworded? I can't get the keywords from one to the other.

Edit:  You can select the tag text and copy and paste between windows but apparently only to the capacity of the tag window. Still a problem.

If you select multiple images the tags common to all are on black, others are on a grey background. Click on them, the background goes black and they are added to all selected images.

You can also paste or typemultiple tags (comma separated), hit enter and they are all added in one go. No need for blue "+"

What if the image I want to copy keywords from is in a different sub not yet keyworded? I can't get the keywords from one to the other.

Edit:  You can select the tag text and copy and paste between windows but apparently only to the capacity of the tag window. Still a problem.

It doesn't matter if they are in separate submissions, just select the image you want to copy from, but I agree there are some tricks and techniques we need to discover (hopefully ;) )

I have not fully formed my opinion yet, like most people I have seen it for the first time this morning (but software is my background). I need to use it seriously and become familiar with its quirks and understand the new workflow possibilities. Presumably many capable users (KM, WIM, et al) have had an input so it should work for serious contributors.

Archived