Hello from SC

fourburnettes

Hello fourburnettes,

As you are totally new to Alamy the best advice I can give is to read everything there is on the Alamy website for beginners.

You do not mention if you are an experienced photographer. If you are best of luck. If not then you will have some specific questions later which we on the forums will try to help with, that is if you cannot find the answer to your question within the forums first.

Allan

Hello from a total newbie! Still figuring things out and getting set up. I appreciate any advice you seasoned contributors can share. :)

Hi, and welcome to Alamy!

As Alan rightly says, do a bit of reading first and foremost. (Try this for starters...)

Then submit three simple images up for initial QC. Nothing fancy, no effects, just simple, clear, technically perfect images. (More info here N.b. almost no "superzoom" camera are acceptable,  and a min of 6 mpxel).

Assuming all is good, you're through QC, and the world's your oyster.

Again - welcome,  hope you have both an enjoyable and profitable time here.

:)

Hello fourburnettes,

As you are totally new to Alamy the best advice I can give is to read everything there is on the Alamy website for beginners.

You do not mention if you are an experienced photographer. If you are best of luck. If not then you will have some specific questions later which we on the forums will try to help with, that is if you cannot find the answer to your question within the forums first.

Allan

Thanks, Allan! I am taking your advice and reading everything I can find. I'm overwhelmed and a little nervous, but I'm sure I'll find my way. Photography started as a hobby, but is turning into more. I'm still new to the industry all together. Lots to learn. Thanks for the support. :)

Four brunettes .....?   :huh:

Welcome to all of you  ^_^

Cheers,

Philippe

Very funny! Not brunettes, burnettes. It's my last name and there are four people in my family so there you have it. ;)  Although, I am a brunette and I get that a lot. 

Hello from a total newbie! Still figuring things out and getting set up. I appreciate any advice you seasoned contributors can share. :)

Hi, and welcome to Alamy!

As Alan rightly says, do a bit of reading first and foremost. (Try this for starters...)

Then submit three simple images up for initial QC. Nothing fancy, no effects, just simple, clear, technically perfect images. (More info here N.b. almost no "superzoom" camera are acceptable,  and a min of 6 mpxel).

Assuming all is good, you're through QC, and the world's your oyster.

Again - welcome,  hope you have both an enjoyable and profitable time here.

:)

I've already passed QC, but thank you so much for taking the time to offer your assistance. I'm already benefiting from the helpfulness of this welcoming online community. You guys are great. :)

Hello fourburnettes,

Allan

Thanks, Allan! I am taking your advice and reading everything I can find. I'm overwhelmed and a little nervous, but I'm sure I'll find my way. Photography started as a hobby, but is turning into more. I'm still new to the industry all together. Lots to learn. Thanks for the support. :)

Thank you for responding. Some newcomers just ignore our advice or forget to reply. 

i will give you a green point for that.

Allan

A suggestion. As you add to your portfolio, don't overlook taking pictures of things and happenings that are a part of your life.

Do you barbecue? Take a picture of the food cooking. A family member stirring up a cake. Brushing the dog, you get the picture. Pun intended. :D

Welcome. I'm from Oklahoma.

Edited to add. You are so lucky you are joining at a good time in regard to the new system. I have a few thousand images to check, fix and add supertags to. Yuk.

A suggestion. As you add to your portfolio, don't overlook taking pictures of things and happenings that are a part of your life.

Do you barbecue? Take a picture of the food cooking. A family member stirring up a cake. Brushing the dog, you get the picture. Pun intended. :D

Edited to add. You are so lucky you are joining at a good time in regard to the new system. I have a few thousand images to check, fix and add supertags to. Yuk.

Fourburnettes, Welcome I'm a Newbie too, rather exciting it has given me a reason to take images instead of just having them on my computer..

Betty LaRue Thank you for that suggestion, very helpful, I find I am looking everywhere now even supermarkets... I just wish my brain was a Dictionary and Thesaurus would certainly help with tagging.

Hello fourburnettes,

Allan

Thank you for responding. Some newcomers just ignore our advice or forget to reply. 

i will give you a green point for that.

Allan

I'll take it! 

Great suggestion! Thank you so much for sharing. Sorry about all the supertags. That sounds like a full time job in itself.

Fourburnettes, Welcome I'm a Newbie too, rather exciting it has given me a reason to take images instead of just having them on my computer..

Betty LaRue Thank you for that suggestion, very helpful, I find I am looking everywhere now even supermarkets... I just wish my brain was a Dictionary and Thesaurus would certainly help with tagging.

Same here, Kelv!  I need to organize what I already have and figure out how I want to move forward. :)

Archived