Image Manager - Copy tags / Pin Image

Matt Ashmore

People like to be able to paste tags form one image to another, particularly when they photograph certain subjects regularly.

The new Image Manage allows you to select multiple images and keywords whcih are not common across all images are greyed out. You can then essentially copy keywords from one image to another by clicking on the tags and they become common across all of the images.

The problem is, being able to select all of the relevant images at the same time. If I want to copy tags from an image which is 6 months old to brand new, totally unkeyworded images, it is very difficult to be able to select both old and new images at once.

If there was the ability to find an image(s), pin it and then search for and then find some other images, you could then select new images and a pinned old image at the same time and then copying tags becomes much easier.

You can click on Search; put in the Alamy ref # divided by  or ; and they will display side by side. It will not work without  or .

So: HF5D6Y or BFGEYH or BFGF02

Not: HF5D6Y BFGEYH BFGF02

wim

You can click on Search; put in the Alamy ref # divided by  or ; and they will display side by side. It will not work without  or .

wim

You should definitely do a wiki of that. I think you've just solved my biggest bugbear with IM. You can copy over to one new image then batch the rest in the same sub.

Wim, I wish I could buy you a Vedett or something. Sorry, that's Belgian.

I would like to be able to edit tags.

Simply click on the text of the tag and amend, then save.

Another feature that would be good is the facility to join 2 or more tags together to make a phrase. Select 2 or more tags, right click, and a drop down menu would offer the option of "Join tags together".

There's more! How about being able to see all the tags of a batch, not limited to 50, then you could delete duplicate tags or edit them as outlined above.

John.

Another feature that would be good is the facility to join 2 or more tags together to make a phrase. Select 2 or more tags, right click, and a drop down menu would offer the option of "Join tags together".

Isn't it just easier to delete the old tags and type in the new joined tag? It takes 30 seconds to type in a few tags if your halfway quick at typing. Right-clicking and selecting a right-click menu sounds almost more time consuming. And how would you tell the system in which order you want it to join the tags? You might end up with "tags together join" rather than "join tags together" :-)

Isn't it just easier to delete the old tags and type in the new joined tag? It takes 30 seconds to type in a few tags if your halfway quick at typing. Right-clicking and selecting a right-click menu sounds almost more time consuming. And how would you tell the system in which order you want it to join the tags? You might end up with "tags together join" rather than "join tags together" :-)

Matt,

It might only take 30 seconds to retype a few tags, but it would take 4 or 5 seconds to edit an existing tag.

The order of the tags would be the order in which you selected the existing tags.

For instance, Ive got separate tags now for "Vancouver" "island" "Canada", a quick click on all three tags in order, right click, join tags together, save, would take about 5 seconds. Which is a lot quicker than retyping "Vancouver Island Canada", (I also misspelt Vancouver when retyping), save, then go back and delete the other tags.

It also seems counter intuitive to see words already there which you want to edit, but you've got to delete them and then retype them.

John.

wim

You should definitely do a wiki of that. I think you've just solved my biggest bugbear with IM. You can copy over to one new image then batch the rest in the same sub.

Wim, I wish I could buy you a Vedett or something. Sorry, that's Belgian.

Indeed it is  -_-

Cheers,

Philippe

Not a very big sorry, Philippe. Belgium does pretty well. We get some in every year.

Archived