mickfly

Alamy, could you please tell me what the reasoning is for posting our images to Pinterest?

Are there solid stats to prove there is a business advantage and monetary return by doing so?

Pinterest is no sort of professional platform. Last time I looked it seemed to me that the only purpose of Pinterest is essentially to provide a platform for image misuse, despite them saying it is the responsibility of users to ensure they have permission to use the images. In all the cases of my images on Pinterest it is clear that the users did not, and had never tried to get permission!

Are there solid stats to prove there is a business advantage and monetary return by doing so?

Yes. Thousands and thousands of visitors to the Alamy site come from Pinterest - it's a big driver of external traffic to contributor images and significantly raises awareness of the content in the collection.

Best,

Alamy

Archived