Sign in to follow this  
funkyworm

Supermoon Monday.

Sunday night here in Oz. Weather forecast for tomorrow: overcast all day. So I went tonight instead when the moon visibility is 98% anyway.  

Faced East, 5.57pm moonrise. I saw nothing. Thing is it won't be dark until 8:30 tonight and the moon size is best seen just when it rises above the horizon. Sigh....

I'll try again later on but dark clouds are on their way.

Gen

Gen,

The supermoon (full moon) rises in Australia tomorrow night - Monday 14th November at 5.51pm.

Carole

Gen,

The supermoon (full moon) rises in Australia tomorrow night - Monday 14th November at 5.51pm.

Carole

Hi Carole,

Yes I know but there will be little difference. 98% today waxing gibbus vs 100% tomorrow.

And tomorrow will be cloudy where I live if I am to believe the weather forecast.

At least I'm at peace for trying.

Gen

Gen,

Carole

Hi Carole,

Yes I know but there will be little difference. 98% today waxing gibbus vs 100% tomorrow.
And tomorrow will be cloudy where I live if I am to believe the weather forecast.

Gen

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you in the hope you'll get a break in the clouds :) 

Gen,

Carole

Hi Carole,

Gen

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you in the hope you'll get a break in the clouds :)

Thank you Carol,

I saw it high up now but not any different from other days, if only perhaps brighter. Am I missing something?

I read that the visual illusion is better when it's just over the horizon, so I don't think it's going to work out for Australia, not in daylight.

But what do I know.

Did anyone else notice the supermoon halo, when this was happening in the UK? 

Edited by PatrioticAlien

Someone bought a license to buy this supermoon image of mine. I put it on Alamy Live News last Sunday evening and the sale showed up on Thursday. Whether it was actually found on the news feed or once it had gone into the normal stock pile, I don't know. The moon wasn't at 100% at this point but I'm glad I took the shot as on the Monday it was too cloudy where I live on the UK south coast.

supermoon-above-the-south-coast-of-west-

Someone bought a license to buy this supermoon image of mine. I put it on Alamy Live News last Sunday evening and the sale showed up on Thursday. Whether it was actually found on the news feed or once it had gone into the normal stock pile, I don't know. The moon wasn't at 100% at this point but I'm glad I took the shot as on the Monday it was too cloudy where I live on the UK south coast.

supermoon-above-the-south-coast-of-west-

Good to hear you got a sale.

Allan

• Upvote 1

I understand there will be another good display on 13th December. Make the most of it, nothing next year and the moon won't come that close again until 2034.