hello! from leicestershire uk

jack and poppy

hello! my first 4 images were approved a few weeks ago! its all very daunting as I'm very much a hobby/amateur photographer and didn't think i would pass the QC! (which i did) I've put my images as RM (which i hope is right?) any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!  :)

Hello Jack, Hello Poppy, you have some lovely atmospheric pictures there. I hope you're selling the highland cow at sunrise as a print.

Personally I have always preferred RM for eveything but there are many schools of thought and the situation is changing all the time anyway.

Alan

hello! my first 4 images were approved a few weeks ago! its all very daunting as I'm very much a hobby/amateur photographer and didn't think i would pass the QC! (which i did) I've put my images as RM (which i hope is right?) any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!  :)

Welcome, and good luck with your sales!

There's lots of discussion here on the forums about RM and RF licensing - when you've got a spare hour (or two) you can learn a lot by taking a read on these matters...

:)

Tony

Lovely images. It looks like you have a good life with sweet children and animals. I try to always put singular and plural in my keywords since people search both ways. Maybe if it is a single animal use the singular in the Main keywords and plural in Comprehensive. The two horses grooming could use some "love" keywords in my opinion. It could illustrate the concept of affection, couple, pair, etc. "Behavior" is often a good keyword for animals who are doing something.

Paulette

Thankyou Alan, i would love to sell my highland cow as a print but have no idea where to get started with that. That picture went a little crazy on instagram which is what gave me the confidence to come on here! Thank you Paulette, thats a good tip regarding singular and plural words, i will go and edit my wording! 

i keep reading the RF and RM and am going round in circles with that one?!!

i do have another question with regard to logo's, i have a great shot of a john deere tractor but do i need to contact john deere for their permission?? I'm reluctant to put it on.

Also is there any way of seeing whether anyone has actually clicked/viewed my pictures.

Thank you for all your feed back!

Caroline 

To see your views and zooms go to My Alamy and click on Alamy Measures. Then click on Your Images. If you click on All of Alamy you can get a useful view of actual searches throughout the site. It can give you keywording ideas. I think with the logo you just need to make it RM and say you have no release.

Paulette

Archived