Modify My Alamy to include image download information

M.Chapman

At the moment My Alamy gives details of views, zooms and sales, but not downloads.

It would be useful to know which images have been downloaded, especially when searching for usages or checking for unreported usages and potential infringements.

All downloads have to be zoomed first, because the download button is on the zoom page.

I just run all zooms through Google Images at the end of the month.

Repeat after a couple of months.

Just noticed a book cover from October 2015 this way.

42953436m.jpg

Love the cover. But no report yet. Maybe this month after 1 year? ;-

wim

Some agencies I work with ONLY show me the downloads and not the actual sales. That's giving false hope and is actually more frustrating than useful because you'll get a whole lot of downloads which don't turn into sales. Frankly, I'd prefer Alamy doesn't give us that info. As Wim already mentioned, you can check your zooms for possible unreported usages.

Cheers,

Philippe

Agreed - I used to get this info from another agency, it was practically useless, I gave up checking it after so long.

The zooms that lead to the majority of sales aren't actually seen by the contributor (as they aren't major customers or don't have an account with Alamy).

Why do you think that? Customers need at least a password and an account to be able to download.

From the blog:

At Alamy, we offer our business customers the option to download hi-res, unwatermarked images from our site before you buy them.

<>

Easy download is available to any businesses who have a finance account with Alamy along with freelancers who are working for registered companies.

<>

Apply for an easy download account – to do this you’ll need to have a credit account with Alamy.

And Alamy warns clients always to be honest.

What could go wrong?

;-)

wim

All downloads have to be zoomed first, because the download button is on the zoom page.

wim

I have just had an image licensed for which I do not have a zoom?

Allan

wim

I have just had an image licensed for which I do not have a zoom?

Allan

The zoom has happened, but you don't see them unless they are account holders or long-term trusted clients (I'm not sure of the exact criteria).

Geoff.

Thanks Geoff. :)

Seems to make a bit of mess of our checking zooms though when we cannot see some.

Allan

I just run all zooms through Google Images at the end of the month.

Repeat after a couple of months.

wim

Hi Wim,

I already do what you describe. But, as others have said, not all zooms are recorded in Alamy measures, so just searching for usages of zoomed images will miss some of the images that have been downloaded.

Hence my request for more data.

Mark

Archived