Reputation (topics merged)

John Morrison

Over time this will hopefully become a more useful feature and promote well thought out posts, so for now, it will stay.

However, like all new elements of the forum we will be monitoring it to see how it develops and remove it if it does become a problem.

Thanks

The little green and red arrows enable people to like or dislike your post. It increases or decreases your reputation. I think topic starters can also choose "best answers" which will also increase your reputation if you supply the best answer. It reminds me of "Google Answers" where quite often the "best answer" is actually wrong. :D

There is already a topic in the "Suggestions Forum"

Hi everyone,

So the premise is simple - if you like a post and want to give some positive feedback you can do so - and vice versa.

The points gathered from your posts contribute to your over-all reputation so over time, you will build up either lots of positive feedback, neutral or negative. This will hopefully promote more constructive discussion.

The reputation scores are classed as follows:

Forum reputation = poor = -50

Forum reputation = not so good = -25

Forum reputation = neutral = 0

Forum reputation = good = 25

Forum reputation = excellent = 50

There are daily limits placed on how much feedback you can give. There is a maximum of 50 +ve and 25-ve votes you can place per day.

As with all new features, we will be monitoring its effectiveness over time and tweaking where required.

I think the Members list ought to have an option to rank in order of reputation so that we can see at a glance which members need taking down a peg or two before they become too big-headed... ;)

Alan

A lovely bit of irony here. We're all "liking" John's post - presumably to show our disapproval of the "like" button.  :)

I know. I was sooooo tempted to Neg his post but my conscience got the better of me and I Pozzed it.

Ironic too, that on a photography forum, we're having a bit of a downer on negatives and positives. Perhaps it's because we've all gone digital...

Hi everyone,

So the premise is simple - if you like a post and want to give some positive feedback you can do so - and vice versa.

The points gathered from your posts contribute to your over-all reputation so over time, you will build up either lots of positive feedback, neutral or negative. This will hopefully promote more constructive discussion.

There are daily limits placed on how much feedback you can give. There is a maximum of 50 +ve and 25-ve votes you can place per day.

As with all new features, we will be monitoring its effectiveness over time and tweaking where required.

And the "warning points" on each forum members profile?

How does that work?

Can other members positive / negative contributions to a members reputation contribute to that member exceeding the requisite number of "warning points" and being taken off this new forum?

What are the parameters which would trigger a "warning" and what are the consequences?

Hi everyone,

And the "warning points" on each forum members profile?

How does that work?

Can other members positive / negative contributions to a members reputation contribute to that member exceeding the requisite number of "warning points" and being taken off this new forum?

What are the parameters which would trigger a "warning" and what are the consequences?

Warning points are only visible to that user - so you can only see your own number of warning points. They refer to warnings being issued by Alamy. As administrators, if you were to continually breaking rules we *could* enforce a "3 strikes and you're out" type policy, where your warnings would appear in your profile - but only to you. We've not yet decided as to whether or not this would be necessary.

Well, by whatever criteria you choose, I seem to be the most reputable person here. Something I've long suspected... and now I have the proof... :D

But let's get rid of this nonsense. Why? Because we're grown-ups...  

It's your attractive blue skin, I think. 

Well, by whatever criteria you choose, I seem to be the most reputable person here. Something I've long suspected... and now I have the proof... :D

But let's get rid of this nonsense. Why? Because we're grown-ups...

In the urban dictionary "reputation" translates into "Street Cred".

Seems like your "down" with the times, Doylem.

Just wondering. In this post I cannot "reputate" (ie with the little red/green arrows) Alan Gallery nor Guest_Richard. I can "ruputate" all others in that thread. 

I have not found an option to switch this "reputate me" off in my profile (is it optional?).

Same behaviour seen by others?

You can't because you have already voted on that post.

With regards to the guest account, this is someone who asked for their profile to be removed so you can no longer vote on that post.

Goodness me people. I'm not a great fan of like/dislike buttons either. But let's just give it a go for a while and see how it all pans out. What's so hard about that? I'm sure Alamy will take genuine concerns into consideration as we move forward. They have said as much.

Ken

Archived