GS-Images

Images taken on National Trust land

I have an aerial photo of some NT land and its sold 7 times wonder where I stand on that 

Just now, Southpole said:

I have an aerial photo of some NT land and its sold 7 times wonder where I stand on that 

They can't claim any rights over that.

• Upvote 1

On 15/02/2018 at 08:53, geogphotos said:

I quite often give some half truths and assess the situation later. As others  have said there is not much point discussing the ins and outs with a security guard who is quite likely encouraged to take a firm approach to anything remotely resembling something that they might be blamed over by their bosses.

So I say I run a website which provides images for schools ( which is true), or that I live locally and am interested in how the area is changing, or that I like taking pics of modern architecture, or am trying out some new settings on my camera. It is for personal use, I just haven't yet decided how I will personally use the images;) I mean the pics have not been commissioned or anything, I am taking them for personal reasons.

But I will often then ask for permission to use for stock afterwards - see recent ones of Devizes museum https://geographyphotos.wordpress.com/2018/01/21/gold-from-the-time-of-stonehenge/ 

We came to an amicable agreement about them using my pics and me being granted permission.

I walked into a cricket-bat willow processing place the other day and the foreman actually ended up showing me around. There was no chance to explain about stock at the time. Later I emailed the owner and he was delighted for the images to be used for education, but would not give permission for stock without checking with his staff - whether they minded possibly being in a magazine or book. That permission never materialised though I do have a contact for the future - he offered to show me around etc - so I haven't used the pics for stock, only on my website for schools to use.

https://geographyphotos.wordpress.com/2018/01/29/salix-sawmill-what-is-being-made-here/

The National Trust I simply avoid.

geogphotos - half truths are useful but they tend to work only half of the time. I went through all the usual baloney, most of which was mostly true, but they were adamant, no stock photos! As spacecadet has said, if they have the power they tend to use it to the full, sadly. Gets my goat because you begin to feel you are living more and  more in a totalitarian state and not a liberal democracy. At what point were these wide sweeping 'rights' given to the these people? Who agreed it? Was there any form of debate? Swathes and swathes of previously public accessible land are being bought up and age old norms and public rights of way are being eroded. :-(

In the case of Canary Wharf it dates back decades when the redundant docks were handed over to the LDDC. At least the police have stopped treatin us like terrorists-mostly.

Try to get on one of these Canary Wharf tours- mine was a free one, but I can't remember who organised it- keep an eye out in the Londonist or whatever. I use Sony As so I look like a tourist anyway, but they're not going to stop you taking pictures on one of those tours unless you turn up tricked out like David Bailey.

CBCB5P.jpgCBCB3M.jpg