Deserter here..

nemoris

Good day. My real name is Kim Christensen, im mid 50's from Denmark. I have been into photography ever since I can remember, started to borrow grandpas Kodak Retinette IIa which took me a lot of nice pics. The wish for a SLR resulted on an Olympus OM10 in the mid 1980's. Nice camera when it worked, which it unfortunately refused to quite often. Spare camera housings bought on purpose didnt do any better, until i learned to remove the self timer mechanism from them OM series. Then they worked perfectly. I also did some filming with standard 8 mm on some vintage equipment, the "Double Eight" where the film must be turned halfways.

When I decided to go digital I sacced the OM system. The leading models at that time were Nikon D70 and Canon EOS 300d. I left the shop with the Nikon.  

I am rather new to stock photography, was with a competing stock seller until now, I still do have an account at the competitor, but there is quite some outrage there atm due to an "upgrade" in contributor relations that has failed to be understood as such by the contributors. So I am seeking new pastures, and gradually moving my portfolio in here - I hate keywording so it will take some time.  

Welcome and good luck.

I actually enjoy keywording when I have to do some research and learn something new. Coming up with concept terms and trying to think like a photo-buyer can be challenging as well. It's a lot better than doing crossword puzzles!

Gosh John, I have some keywording that needs doing if you ever get bored.

Sure, I charge by the character. B)

Fine for me. Can I pay in Zimbabwe dollars?

bunch-of-one-hundred-trillion-dollars-ba

I still have a few colones left from when I lived in Costa Rica, will those work?

The colones sound tempting. However, it's going to be difficult to compete with those trillions of Zimbabwe dollars.

Reportedly, the Zimbabwe one hundred trillion dollar note was worth a whopping $0.40 US a couple of years ago. Now that's what you call real inflation.

Welcome! My first digital was between the two cameras you mention. CA was much worse on the Canon sample pictures, so I went with the D70 also. And eventually kept upgrading my Nikons.

I now shoot with Fiji X-T1, and have the X-T2 on preorder.

Betty

I still have a few colones left from when I lived in Costa Rica, will those work?

The colones sound tempting. However, it's going to be difficult to compete with those trillions of Zimbabwe dollars.

Reportedly, the Zimbabwe one hundred trillion dollar note was worth a whopping $0.40 US a couple of years ago. Now that's what you call real inflation.

Well' I bought one for approx 4 USD in 2008, and showed it to my friends and colleages. Since they all wanted one as well, I decided to buy a wad of 50 bills a few weeks later. By then they were only 0.70 USD. Guess it was not a volume discount ;)

Christoph

Hi Kim :rolleyes:

Im new here too,,, just made my first sale few days ago. Warm welcome :)

and whoever offers keyworkding here... i can pay in Iranian Rials  ;)

i find it really really dedious - i now try to get my keywording done in lightroom, so once i upload, submitting is quick and easy.

and it actually becomes easier with time... luckily Alamy allows to go back to add / change / correct your keywords later.

Archived