The IMPORTANCE of Keywording...

I know the importance of this area having contributed my thoughts in the past.But...do I really??

I have just spent several gleeful hours revising them after a helpful article in the latest Freelance News courtesy of Alamy. Maybe I AM doing it all horribly wrong and MAYBE (ha!) that is why my sales are so, well, not really!

Has anyone got the inclination to give JNJ a very quick once over? If not, I do so understand. But if you do you'll have a new welsh friend.

:)

Just a quick comment on CB7MAN -- Small kitten licking lips after eating a bone.

I would stop after "eating" since we never see the bone. I bet that was a cute sight!!! Was it a BIG bone? I hope you have included in keywords "domestic cat" and "short-haired". Probably you should also say "shorthair" even though I think that is wrong. Someone might search for a domestic shorthair. Actually that might be right.

Paulette

Hi NIck, I noticed your description note on BXWWH0 that it needs a caption: "Sheep standing on a wall on The Bwlch above Cwmparc village in Rhondda south Wales"

(I'm guessing you wrote that note because you want to make some clear reference to the distortion caused by wide-angle lens close-up.

I have one or more with similar POV and think I included "extreme POV" in some field, but hope someone surer about how to refer to that kind of shot will comment on it.)

Anyway, include concept key words such as "funny" and "curious" in Essential key words, and "humorous" "nosey" "nosy" in Main keywords, if you don't already have them.

Great eye-catching shot! - Ann

Nice images, Nick. Makes me want to leave the city immediately. 

Mostly your keywording looks just

fine, simple and direct. 

>>Cherry Blossoms, plural

>>Small kitten? Do we need the word "small"? 

>>I'm wondering at what point we stop calling young swan "cygnets" or "flappers"? I have no idea. 

>>Added 1 July 2013>>I would also include "seagull" in the essential box as well as the specific type of gull. 

It is spring, moonless night in the small town, starless and bible-black, the cobblestreets silent and the hunched, courters'-and-rabbits' wood limping invisible down to the sloeblack, slow, black, crowblack, fishingboatbobbing sea.

Only you can hear the houses sleeping in the streets in the
slow deep salt and silent black, bandaged night.

dd

Well unless the answer is

Ensanguining the skies

How heavily it dies

Into the west away,

Past touch and sight and sound

Not further to be found,

How hopeless underground

Falls the remorseful day

I'm afraid I'm stuck.

"Twas brillig and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the Wabe..."

Thanks so much for taking the time to give the keywords the once over. Comments noted and acted on.

So, pending further observations, off to continue research into other reasons why my sales are so cruddy (home made word).

nj

"Twas brillig and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the Wabe..."

Thanks so much for taking the time to give the keywords the once over. Comments noted and acted on.

So, pending further observations, off to continue research into other reasons why my sales are so cruddy (home made word).

nj

Let us look at the River Thames

One of England's watery gems,

Oily, brown, greasy, muddy,

Looking foul and smells of cruddy.

The Conservancy say they're cleaning it.

So why is it the colour of ....?

Couple of suggestions (hard to give much advice since we can only see the captipns and essential k/w ...there may be a lot in the other fields...)

CWXMGX: what train company is that? what line> stories in the press tend to be about paricular franchises/routes...

CW4K20: what class lifeboat? 

B6D92B: lose the reference to 'river gwendraeth' - its not in the image. Caption/kw what you see in the picture, not what was outside the frame....If something is important enough to be in the caption it should be important enough to be in the image

details, details......the more 'fine grained' you can make the info you present , the better....

km

Archived