First Six Months of 2013

First Six Months of 2013  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How does your number of sales during the first six months of 2013 compare with the same time period in 2012?

• better
    • worse
    • about the same

January - June 2012   29 sales for $1664.07 (Gross)

January - June 2013   33 sales for $1422.46 (Gross)

Number of images added during the 12 months  1038.

Increase in number of images on sale  16%

Increase in number of sales  14%

Increase in gross earnings -14%

I am not unhappy because now and again, I get one good sale and that makes a big positive difference.  It did not happen in either of these periods.

I do not do the Lottery and I cashed in my Premium bonds,  Alamy  "Summary of items sold" is an excellent substitute for these...

Good topic John, prompted me to take stock (pardon the pun).

Excluding NU

My gross revenue is down13.5% while the quantity is down 3.5%.

My average revenue per image is down from $68 to $61.

Not a pretty sight!!

dov

In the first half of my first full year with Alamy (2003) I grossed almost 7 times what I achieved ths year! |Bear in mind that at the time I was receiving 70% of the gross as well so I banked around 10 times what I received this year. Take inflation into account and it is nearer 15 times less purchasing power from Alamy this year. I know I still do not have a lot of images but I have been adding a steady flow of pictures each year, just can't get inspired to put a lot of effort into it. My photography efforts are largely going elsewhere.- I am working on my new business plan as we speak.

Archived