Don't be so hard on yourself. Even with the best will and care, eyes do get tired. Or there's that pesky dust bunny hidden in foliage.

166 is a pretty good record.

Chin up!

I am thoroughly disgusted with myself.  I guess I got careless.  After 166 consecutive passed batches, I got a fail. 

That's what happens when you get overconfident and don't double check. :(

Do not be discouraged!
Don't be mistaken only one who does nothing!
I feel that soon you will have a good sale. This compensates for the frustration!

Perfection is overrated, Zig. I've spent many a month doing hard time in the darkest cell in the sin bin. An occasional mistake is how we learn and move forward. 

Many a MONTH? I just failed for the first time in quite a while (not 166 though, I must say) and I'm stuck there myself. How long are they keeping us there these days? (And the embarrassing part is... once I realized the submission wasn't going to pass, I realized I probably shouldn't have taken the chance on that one image. It's a really cool inland waterway shot from Murrell's Inlet, SC too. Questionable sharpness though, I bet. :-(

Perfection is overrated, Zig. I've spent many a month doing hard time in the darkest cell in the sin bin. An occasional mistake is how we learn and move forward. 

Many a MONTH? I just failed for the first time in quite a while (not 166 though, I must say) and I'm stuck there myself. How long are they keeping us there these days? (And the embarrassing part is... once I realized the submission wasn't going to pass, I realized I probably shouldn't have taken the chance on that one image. It's a really cool inland waterway shot from Murrell's Inlet, SC too. Questionable sharpness though, I bet. :-(

If you have already been informed of the failure, then there is no more penalty time.  The penalty time is the time you have to wait until you hear you have failed, which is usually a month.  Any submissions made during that month will also fail along with your original submission.

Quite often Alamy doesn't penalize on the first fail.

Jill

I think you fell victim to the same condition I've had a few times in the past.

Falling in love with an image. Everything perfect about it, even more than perfect, except sharpness. Maybe camera shake.

I've had several one of a kind images like that when I've allowed my heart to override my brain. Now, when I delete those images I feel pain, but I'm staying out of the sin bin. Mostly....lol.

If you have already been informed of the failure, then there is no more penalty time.  The penalty time is the time you have to wait until you hear you have failed, which is usually a month.  Any submissions made during that month will also fail along with your original submission.

Jill

The sin bin bit I get.. if focuses you on maintaining quality. But I suspect that most people would prefer to know straight away that an image has failed QC and that they are in the sin bin until X date in the future.

I passed today 5 days after my submission.  I kept reading the threads about fast QC times and assumed a fail.  I will now any posts about  one day QC times because clearly there is no median, rule or consistency about this.

Alamy do say that QC speed is dependent on your QC record.  I presume this to mean that the better it is the faster the queue your submission(s) are placed in.  People will beat this but for my latest upload I submitted at 9:00 PM on Thursday night and had the pass email at 7:50 this morning.  About 11 hours from upload to acceptance.  That was my 201st upload with no previous failures since I joined Alamy in January 2014.  When I first started a wait of 4-5 days wasn't unusual but, as I've built up a consistent record, it's got faster and faster, usually in jumps suggesting that there are multiple QC queues.

I passed today 5 days after my submission.  I kept reading the threads about fast QC times and assumed a fail.  I will now any posts about  one day QC times because clearly there is no median, rule or consistency about this.

I think my last 8 or 10 submissions all passed in one day. This last one took four, and I was sure I had a "fail" in there! So yeah... either everyone else was uploading the same time and Alamy was busy, or it's just not always consistent. Sure had me worried and second guessing. I was even sure about which image caused the fail! :-)

Alamy do say that QC speed is dependent on your QC record.  I presume this to mean that the better it is the faster the queue your submission(s) are placed in.  People will beat this but for my latest upload I submitted at 9:00 PM on Thursday night and had the pass email at 7:50 this morning.  About 11 hours from upload to acceptance.  That was my 201st upload with no previous failures since I joined Alamy in January 2014.  When I first started a wait of 4-5 days wasn't unusual but, as I've built up a consistent record, it's got faster and faster, usually in jumps suggesting that there are multiple QC queues.

I don't think it's that. I had a lot of QC trouble last year, got back to a pass rate of about 95% but my most recent fails still cost me 30 days. Everything else is overnight, or at the latest the day after that around the bank holiday.

I don't think it's that. I had a lot of QC trouble last year, got back to a pass rate of about 95% but my most recent fails still cost me 30 days. Everything else is overnight, or at the latest the day after that around the bank holiday.

Unless Alamy throw in a little inconsistency to keep us guessing  :ph34r:  Cue slow, deep voice "There are things that Man was not meant to know".

Many of mine passed in less than 24. Then twice recently it's been close to a week. And I didn't have a fail thrown in that mix.

So...yeah....inconsistent.

I've wondered if the work going on behind the scenes is responsible but can't imagine that part of it would. But what do I know!

Maybe it's Alamy's way of thinning the ranks through heart attacks. ;)

Last batch loaded 12th and just passed yesterday 15th.  I thought it might be a fail too as they usually pass quicker than that.

I did upload some in that batch which had previously been on POD sites so thought they might be over manipulated for Alamy but they passed.

Allan

P.S.  Other things may cause me to have a heart attack but not Alamy. B)

Me again. -_-

• 3 weeks later...

Jill

The sin bin bit I get.. if focuses you on maintaining quality. But I suspect that most people would prefer to know straight away that an image has failed QC and that they are in the sin bin until X date in the future.

Where does the month sin bin come from, surely that must be an old rule?

I added 12 "news" images Friday night, but was told Saturday morning that they were too late for news, as 24 hours is now the rule, so they would move them to stock. I therefore replied to the e-mail to ask, was it 24 hour exactly or what the exact ruling was? As I had some images I was in the process of uploading from Friday the 29th and as my first question was answered straight away, I started to add the rest, after doing so, I then was told these would be too late, which was fine, as I now know.

But this 2nd batch and the first, which would all move to stock, where all marked as failed on the 3rd May (yesterday) and all including the first batch dates as uploaded on 30th April, only one image had a reason, "chromatic aberation", so I thought, after reading the above comments, I'd be in the sin bin for a month, but decided to fix the image last night and re-upload, but lo and behold the e-mail came through at mid day, to say, it had passed, so that was around 14 hours, plus the three days.

Chris

Archived