nuvolanevicata

Hello from Italy

arterra    3,756

I'm glad to be here

I'm glad to see a microstock site with many illustrators!Hello everyone!

:)

Microstock site ... ????

ALAMY .......  M I C R O S T O C K .....????

Are you ...? No, you must be ... ! Noooo ....! Really ...????  :wacko: 

Nice work though!  ;) 

Cheers,

Philippe

Edited by arterra
  • Upvote 1

Ed Rooney    1,300

Madre di Dio, non è un micro agenzia! Wonderful, clever illustrations you do. Benvenuto.  :)

• Upvote 2

Sorry to everybody!!! I had an old computer..and It was impossible answer to all your kind message!! Sorry Sorry!!! I'm glad to be part of...ops..of what am I part?? 😆

Joseph Clemson    465

The old-timers here try hard for the place not to be, nor to to become microstock, in spite of the best efforts of Alamy.

• Upvote 5

Allan Bell    986
2 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

The old-timers here try hard for the place not to be, nor to to become microstock, in spite of the best efforts of Alamy.

Well said Joseph.;)

Allan

• Upvote 1

GS-Images    1,183
3 hours ago, Brasilnut said:

Welcome to Alamy, the most microstock of the midstocks :D

I've written about 20 versions of a response but none seem to fit. Joseph said it best I think.

........and I've just done the same again. All I seem to be doing is writing negative things though that is really not want I want.

Look, Alex, Alamy is NOT microstock and isn't even close. Sure, it's moving in that direction in some ways and it drives most of us nuts, but I'd rather keep on fighting that than giving up and making a joke about the only thing I have left to live for. It might be a joke to you and just a bit of fun, but it's everything to me and I know it is to some friends on here too (that admin have rather cruelly cut my contact off from).

So much more I want to say, but...............   :mellow:

Geoff.

Edited by GS-Images
  • Upvote 2

GS-Images    1,183

OP - Very "different" images! You clearly have a talent. I have no idea how well such illustrations may sell here, but good luck.

Geoff.

• Upvote 1

Brasilnut    6

Sure, it's moving in that direction in some ways and it drives most of us nuts, but I'd rather keep on fighting that than giving up and making a joke about the only thing I have left to live for. 

I sure hope it won't turn into a Microstock site! But, last rumour I heard is that Alamy is dishing out subscription packages for Private Use licenses.....................what makes you think that they won't for normal licenses? Perhaps this is the wrong place to discuss this but would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Lastly, I'm a bit of a joker as you have probably gathered so don't take me too seriously, I come in peace :)  

• Upvote 1

GS-Images    1,183
3 minutes ago, Brasilnut said:

I sure hope it won't turn into a Microstock site! But, last rumour I heard is that Alamy is dishing out subscription packages for Private Use licenses.....................what makes you think that they won't for normal licenses? Perhaps this is the wrong place to discuss this but would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Lastly, I'm a bit of a joker as you have probably gathered so don't take me too seriously, I come in peace :)  

I'm a joker too at times so I get that.  :)

Yea we've discussed the download packs before, which you may have noticed in a recent thread. Some of us overreacted if I'm honest, but I still think offering a PU license in a package like that is a mistake. We've discussed it already in that thread though and I don't think there's anything left to say about it without upsetting admin. All we can do is hope things don't keep going in that direction.

Geoff.

• Upvote 2

John Mitchell    1,894

Oh dear. Something is wrong when new contributors don't even know what kind of agency they have joined.

• Upvote 3

Sorry again, but is hard for me understand all in english, you are right, there are different possibilities than other agencies, but I'm here as in the other, and I can not use Alamy if not as royalte free ..You are all very good, and I must say that at least here does not get much of the unclean trash that is polluting the other agencies
Thank you for welcoming me

John Mitchell    1,894

I hope that I didn't sound rude in my last post. You can offer your work as either rights-managed (RM) or royalty-free (RF) on Alamy. The choice is yours. However, it isn't a microstock agency.

Buona fortuna!

• Upvote 1

Foreign Export    139
On 8/10/2017 at 06:18, John Mitchell said:

Oh dear. Something is wrong when new contributors don't even know what kind of agency they have joined.

something is very wrong