First upload of Sony RX100 images passed QC

I uploaded 16 images from the first go 'round with my RX100, and they had passed QC when I logged on this morning.  Happy days.  Always a bit nervous with a small camera.

Great little camera.  Awhile ago, I took a couple of shots of my African Gray and she just posed for me.  Totally non-threatened by the tiny camera.  

When I point my D800 at her, she fluffs up and moves like a snake.  

Betty

I uploaded 16 images from the first go 'round with my RX100, and they had passed QC when I logged on this morning.  Happy days.  Always a bit nervous with a small camera.

Great little camera.  Awhile ago, I took a couple of shots of my African Gray and she just posed for me.  Totally non-threatened by the tiny camera.  

When I point my D800 at her, she fluffs up and moves like a snake.  

Betty

Congratulations. Tell your African Gray that I know exactly where he's coming from. Small is morel beautiful than ever IMO.

Like both of you I have just had my first RX100  images pass QC after owning it for a couple of weeks and like Philippe I am more at home with a D700 and a 70-200 in my hands, but the RX100 is more street friendly and I don't get half of the looks that I get when I am wielding the d700 and huge 70-200 2.8 lens.

Not only that try holding your d700 70-200 outfit in your right hand with tickets in your left hand when you are sitting on your motorcycle and take a picture..easy with the RX100

D8X0JM.jpg

Like both of you I have just had my first RX100  images pass QC after owning it for a couple of weeks and like Philippe I am more at home with a D700 and a 70-200 in my hands, but the RX100 is more street friendly and I don't get half of the looks that I get when I am wielding the d700 and huge 70-200 2.8 lens.

Not only that try holding your d700 70-200 outfit in your right hand with tickets in your left hand when you are sitting on your motorcycle and take a picture..easy with the RX100

D8X0JM.jpg

Hope you MR'd that image Steve.

Allan

D8X0JM.jpg

Allan

Indeed I did Allan,  I would know my hand anywhere and can remember the saw slicing into my thumb and causing that scar on the joint of my thumb.. :)

D8X0JM.jpg

Allan

Indeed I did Allan,  I would know my hand anywhere and can remember the saw slicing into my thumb and causing that scar on the joint of my thumb.. :)

Oooh! Nasty. I know how you must have felt. I had a model aeroplane propeller slice the side of my hand and was bandaged up for two weeks.

Allan

I spent an evening in the ER after hubby's male, testosterone-laden African Gray bit me on the webbing under my thumb when I asked him if he wanted a kiss. I guess the answer was NO. :)   Only got one stitch since they can't close an animal bite all the way for fear of infection. Needs to be able to drain.  Nasty, gapping wound.  My own pet female Gray is gentle as a lamb.  

I pick up the male on a dowel rod now.  That wasn't the first time he bit me, but the worst, and he gets no other chances.

I tried taking some shots at WalMart today with the RX100 in the flower section outdoors, and an associate came out and pointedly asked if she could help me.  I made up a load of bull to tell her, lol, then walked on.  So much for that.

I'd be interested to know what mode you guys are shooting in, RAW?  jpeg? f-stop?  I'm still feeling my way around.  Anyone using either of the two intelligent modes?  Do those modes only work in jpeg or do they also work in RAW?

BTW, love the shots you all posted.  :)

Archived