Hello Everyone!

Bert Becerra

HiBert

Bienvenido. One of my favourite viewpoints anywhere shares your name: Degollada de Becerra in Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, has an absolutely incredible view, especially at sunset.

view-westwards-from-degollada-de-becerra

Like Kumar, I've never been to Panama but maybe some day?

HiBert

Bienvenido. One of my favourite viewpoints anywhere shares your name: Degollada de Becerra in Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, has an absolutely incredible view, especially at sunset.

view-westwards-from-degollada-de-becerra

Like Kumar, I've never been to Panama but maybe some day?

Thanks for the info MDM, did not know about this place. For the word Degollada, it sounds like a fellow with my last name had his throat cut there, wow, LOL

Beautiful place!

Thanks for the info MDM, did not know about this place. For the word Degollada, it sounds like a fellow with my last name had his throat cut there, wow, LOL

Sounds gruesome but I think degollada may have a different meaning to execution or throat slitting in the Canary Islands. There are several places called Degollada de Xxxx and they are usually high mountain viewpoints with amazing views over surrounding valleys. Perhaps that is where they took people to execute them - a beautiful final view before the throat slitting but I doubt that executioners would have been so considerate :)

Sounds gruesome but I think degollada may have a different meaning to execution or throat slitting in the Canary Islands. There are several places called Degollada de Xxxx and they are usually high mountain viewpoints with amazing views over surrounding valleys. Perhaps that is where they took people to execute them - a beautiful final view before the throat slitting but I doubt that executioners would have been so considerate :)

LOL.. I was thinking it may be refers to slaugther of cattle, since Becerra means calf, not sure though. The truth is that it's a very beautiful place, I was looking into it in google.

• 11 months later...

Archived