Contributor's Dashboard

Stephen Barnes

Currently when you jump into "My Alamy" you have a number of pages where various bits of contributor information are held.  You go to "Balance of Account" to see your total and cleared balance, then to "Summary of Items Sold" to see the sold images, to "Track Submissions" to see all your latest submissions, to "Your Images" to get your Alamy measures.

It would be better if all this information was available all on one quick to view contributor dashboard.

Ok, not all, as I know what kind of load showing EVERYTHING would have on the servers, but what about a page with your Balance of Account, cleared balance etc displayed at the top, with perhaps the latest 10 sales..  Below that, your latest 5 submissions (or perhaps your submissions awaiting QC and reportage submissions from the past week), and to the side your Alamy measures for the past month (CTR, total number of zooms, total number of views etc) with a short summary of the top 10 pseudonyms.  Actually, if you could set it to show last month, week, 3 days, day and have it remember this setting, this would reduce strain on the servers - I personally log in each morning and view the results for "Yesterday".  If this was my default within this new dashboard it would be ideal.

Each section would allow you to expand it up by clicking on an "Expand" button - basically just takes you to the current pages.

If you can provide this summary, it will significantly reduce the number of people viewing the full set of results across multiple pages when they don't need to, and again, will reduce server usage/bandwidth etc.

Stephen Barnes.

Agree. This would be very useful provided that it was flexible in terms of allowing users to pick and change what they wanted to appear for their purposes. There's ready made portal software that allows this type of flexibility, but there is fair bit of tailoring/interfacing to do by Alamy software guys. It might be a nice to have but lower down the priority list.

Ken

Yes, the contributors' info could be presented in a more user-friendly way. OK, it may not increase sales, but it would help to make the 'Alamy experience' better.

For example, it would be fun to get a notification whenever a pic sells. I've tried to set up a Google alert for when the 'your sales' page changes, but I can't seem to make to work. In my no doubt childish way, I would like a bell to ring when a pic sells. Or maybe a host of angels singing 'hosannah'. :)

Thanks - we've already been working on this for the last couple of months and plan to release an updated dashboard this year in continuation with our site improvements.

Archived