Post your positive results here :)

Yesterday's 26 Alamy sales takes my total sales since i started to 5,004

km

...and an Alamy 'Full House' this month; sales reported on every single working day of the month, plus one on a saturday too

Congratulations Keith!

Kumar

• 3 weeks later...

Best gross since April 2014 dropped in this morning.  Nothing to shout about by the standards of many of you, but for me it's an important license.  Not zoomed, but seems to be setting a trend and suggesting where and how I am being found by buyers.  Not particularly a niche I am at all interested in, (quite the opposite) but, hey, if that's where the money is, then I'd better get out and take some more of the same!

Picking up (and slightly expanding) the sentiment of Mirco's original post in this thread, that new people should be encouraged, and having just dragged myself from the absolutely negative moaning in another thread, I thought it time to bump Mirco's refreshingly positive thread.

dd

Just had another Alamy infringement case cough up. A few more to go  .. :)

Cool.

any general, non-identifying, non-libelous description of circumstances/methodology that might help others in similar circumstances?

dd

Record-breaking month for me (and not quite over).

I've broken my records for most sales in a month, most sales in a week and most sales in one day.

The one record I haven't broken, unfortunately, is the most income (still a way to go) but encouraging nevertheless.

Cool.

any general, non-identifying, non-libelous description of circumstances/methodology that might help others in similar circumstances?

dd

This infringement was pointed out to me by Alamy themselves. Is it Picscout who they are working with ?

The culprits were a jigsaw company.

Cool.

dd

This infringement was pointed out to me by Alamy themselves. Is it Picscout who they are working with ?

And Alamy chased it up, or handballed it to you to do?

dd

Cool.

dd

And Alamy chased it up, or handballed it to you to do?

dd

Alamy chased it up.

I just confirmed that I hadn't placed the image with other picture libraries or licenced it myself, and waited (Alamy and their partners did the work).

Think it's been discussed somewhere around here/blog about Alamy teaming up with one of the image search companies to help track down unauthorised uses.

Don't think (but not sure) if Alamy proceeds with the infringement process if you've put the same image in to multiple libraries (I don't).

My image in question had initially been licenced legitimately from Alamy to another user,  so I presume it was then taken from there by the naughty rascals.

Hello fellow photographers.

I know that there is not always easy to make sales but lets for the change be positive. You had a good month? Or you made a high sale? Lets put in this topic all your good results.

New people should be encouraged. :) :)

Mirco

Hmm.  And why do you think I should share that detailed information, Micro? I come up with an idea for a subject; I go out at the best time to shoot it, capture the image . . . and then tell everyone here, my competition, what that subject is that sold?  Don't think so.  :huh:

Well, I never thought I'd see that on this forum and it disgusts me.  How desperate must you be to think along those lines when all Mirco was trying to do was to encourage newbies (like myself) and inject a little positivity into proceedings?  Shame on you...

I know that there is not always easy to make sales but lets for the change be positive. You had a good month? Or you made a high sale? Lets put in this topic all your good results.

Mirco

Hmm.  And why do you think I should share that detailed information, Micro? I come up with an idea for a subject; I go out at the best time to shoot it, capture the image . . . and then tell everyone here, my competition, what that subject is that sold?  Don't think so.  :huh:

Well, I never thought I'd see that on this forum and it disgusts me.  How desperate must you be to think along those lines when all Mirco was trying to do was to encourage newbies (like myself) and inject a little positivity into proceedings?  Shame on you...

Oh FGS . . . Ed's statement is valid, and if you had read more you'd have seen that Mirco actually agreed with him, as do a few other contributors. It's actually why very, very few reports of big sales in this thread are accompanied by actual details of the image.

Seriously, if that sort of thing "disgusts" you, you truly need to get out more.

dd

What I find important in this thread is not the detail of the image that has sold but the value of the sale. This gives us all

an idea of what the pricing trend is. It's extremely naive to think that people would openly display an image that they have sold,

allowing people to possibly replicate it. There's more chance of Alamy increasing it's commission level than it is to copy an image and expect

it to sell for the same value.Time is better spent creating and taking your own images, or looking inside high street publications if you are short of ideas.

PS nothing positive to report this month.

Regards

Craig

PS nothing positive to report this month.

It's only 7 and a quarter hours old !  (688 and three quarter hours to go).

Being a leap year, we have an extra day of sales this month ! :wacko:

Well i've had a $45 sale already!

John.

Mirco

Oh FGS . . . Ed's statement is valid, and if you had read more you'd have seen that Mirco actually agreed with him, as do a few other contributors. It's actually why very, very few reports of big sales in this thread are accompanied by actual details of the image.

Seriously, if that sort of thing "disgusts" you, you truly need to get out more.

dd

It was just a misunderstanding from both sides. My English is not the best. I never wanted to ask wich images are sold. Ed understood it like that and asked about it. I answered and everything is fine now i guess.

Mirco

Mirco

dd

It was just a misunderstanding from both sides. My English is not the best. I never wanted to ask wich images are sold. Ed understood it like that and asked about it. I answered and everything is fine now i guess.

Mirco

Thank you, Mirco. And thank you, Dusty. 

Mirco, I think you are one of the smartest, most helpful, nicest, active contributors to this forum. Your English is pretty damn good . . . much better than my second language: Italian. Misunderstandings happen. 

As Dusty and you have pointed out, if Andy Gibson had read down a bit before making his caustic comment, he would have been able to keep from putting his foot in his mouth. And what can we say about someone who is trolling around in a thread from last spring obviously looking for trouble? 

I don't give out red markers, but I see that some members have.

Edo

Archived