Post your positive results here :)

I woke up Saturday morning to a sale for $44 gross, which means I'm still on course for my 'one sale a month' target.  Very small money, I know, but I don't care - a sale is a sale!  Sale was in the 'Media, Design and Publishing' sector.  Apparently.

It's evening here in Oz, so no waking up, but you guys prompted me to check my sales. And lo and behold, 2 sales! 

The good news is it is a lifetime record since I joined Alamy in terms of number of sales this month, the down side is that one is yet another 'suspect' PU...

Gen

I'm a total newbie. Got my first proper camera just over a year ago when I retired. have been learning lots, doing workshops, getting to grips with software.  Found out about Alamy at the end of last year and passed QC without too much difficulty. I read in these forums that it is usual to expect to wait around a year before the first sale.  I was really not expecting anything, and only contribute for the fun of it, to keep me inspired and to extend my skills, but was amazed to have two sales this month. One for $50, the other not showing up yet so no idea (for the Guardian). It's a bit like having Premium Bonds. You never know what might happen, and each month might bring good news.

I'm a total newbie. Got my first proper camera just over a year ago when I retired. have been learning lots, doing workshops, getting to grips with software.  Found out about Alamy at the end of last year and passed QC without too much difficulty. I read in these forums that it is usual to expect to wait around a year before the first sale.  I was really not expecting anything, and only contribute for the fun of it, to keep me inspired and to extend my skills, but was amazed to have two sales this month. One for $50, the other not showing up yet so no idea (for the Guardian). It's a bit like having Premium Bonds. You never know what might happen, and each month might bring good news.

That's what I like to hear, in these troubled times: optimism.

You're right. You "never know what might happen". And you'll never guess which pix will sell best. :)

Very well done Sally! This is encouraging.

I wish you many more sales in the future.

Gen

I really like your portfolio. Your images are well-taken. Best of all, you are "seeing" the world around you, not only the big things, but the little things. Variety is the spice of life! :D

Betty

excellent - i too like the images in your portfolio and excellent keyboarding too

i enjoy the "surprise" aspect too particularly with what seems to sell - $80 licence for playground slide today - pleasing

Thanks so much for the encouragement! Am still learning and will hopefully keep improving.

I presume it's usual for there to be a delay between a photo appearing in a newspaper (Guardian in this case) and the sale showing up in my dashboard? It's been nearly a week since it was published.

Thanks so much for the encouragement! Am still learning and will hopefully keep improving.

I presume it's usual for there to be a delay between a photo appearing in a newspaper (Guardian in this case) and the sale showing up in my dashboard? It's been nearly a week since it was published.

Quite often long delays I think. I'm still waiting for a 'weather news' photo to appear that was used in the Mirror over 2-months ago. I think the advice is if it hasn't been listed after 90-days check with Alamy.

Quite often long delays I think. I'm still waiting for a 'weather news' photo to appear that was used in the Mirror over 2-months ago. I think the advice is if it hasn't been listed after 90-days check with Alamy.

Thanks for the information. That's easy to do if you only get the odd sale, but must be difficult if you have loads.

Hallelujah! I have a sale - my second of the year for 19.99 dropping on the last day of May. This is hugely significant for me as I have been uploading 200 to 300 photos a month this year in an attempt to kickstart my Alamy sales. I know I have one more sale to come in already from the BBC. Hopefully there will be more to come.

1 hour ago, GS-Images said:

Come on you lot, there must be something positive that's happened to one of us since 3rd June? Ok I'll fill the thread with positivity myself.

I planned to stay home after seeing the "very high" pollen forecast. I suffer with hay fever quite badly and the last 2 weeks it's been horrible. However, family circumstances dictated that it would be better to go out and suffer with hay fever, than stay home and suffer with "being annoyed and frustrated and baited to argue" fever. So out I went.

I ended up in Brighton, uploaded a whole load of images, found 5 already in a certain newspaper, and now I'm home, quite burnt, but I haven't sneezed once!

***ATISHOOOOOOO***

Bless me.

Geoff.

I feel your pain, brother. I've had hay fever since 1976 - it's getting a bit tedious now!

Well done on the sales!

OK, I can try to be more positive. A $175 iQ sale show up yesterday. Plus I've had as many sales during the first ten days of June as in all of May.

My hay fever used to be debilitating when I was younger. However, it has now almost disappeared completely. One of the few benefits of getting old, I guess.

31 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

The forum is back in nice timing to report my best ever sale on Alamy @ $230 bucks. If it wasn't for my impending trip to the dentist this morning I'd have a smile on my face. :) Maybe afterwards. ;)

Well done! (don't drink coffee after the dentist!) 

4 minutes ago, losdemas said:

I think that you probably should be careful with all hot drinks!

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

Just a sort of lopsided dribble, then.

lol :lol: No dribble here. Just asked him to fill it and forget the niceties. It's either a minute of pain of 4hrs of... well dribble. :P

Archived