Post your positive results here :)

Just had a modest sale slide in this morning which tipped me past the $150,000 mark (gross). It did take 12 years though, but as has been so often said, this is a long game. Not many of the dreaded refunds lately either.

Congrats!

Just had a modest sale slide in this morning which tipped me past the $150,000 mark (gross). It did take 12 years though, but as has been so often said, this is a long game. Not many of the dreaded refunds lately either.

Congrats!

+1!

wim

It took a long long while but I have finally had my first sale. I have all but given up on Alamy as the number of zooms I have collected is so tiny, it's not even funny.

I guess it'll take another long while to have the funds cleared. (Why is that, by the way? Isn't the sale a transaction when all the sum is paid? Or what Alamy calls a sale is really a pledge?) 

It took a long long while but I have finally had my first sale. I have all but given up on Alamy as the number of zooms I have collected is so tiny, it's not even funny.

I guess it'll take another long while to have the funds cleared. (Why is that, by the way? Isn't the sale a transaction when all the sum is paid? Or what Alamy calls a sale is really a pledge?) 

Congratulations on the first sale.  Hopefully more will follow soon.

Alamy sales reports are actually invoices with settlement terms of a minimum of 45 days.  Direct sales through the website might be paid straight away by the customer but Alamy hold the money against possible refunds for that 45 day period.  Account customers - most of the major image users - report usages, are invoiced by Alamy, and settle those invoices according to whatever schedule is agreed with Alamy.  Could be 45 days, could be longer.  It's the way most business to business operations work, with credit periods for approved customers.

Congratulations on the first sale.  Hopefully more will follow soon.

Alamy sales reports are actually invoices with settlement terms of a minimum of 45 days.  Direct sales through the website might be paid straight away by the customer but Alamy hold the money against possible refunds for that 45 day period.  Account customers - most of the major image users - report usages, are invoiced by Alamy, and settle those invoices according to whatever schedule is agreed with Alamy.  Could be 45 days, could be longer.  It's the way most business to business operations work, with credit periods for approved customers.

Thank you for your kind words and the explanation!

I'd say woken up, but awoken if you want to be really Anglo-Saxon. Awaken means to wake someone up, not wake up yourself.

There's a page about it here, but it's a bit dense even for me.

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/awoken-or-awakened/

I raked up a pile of leaves one spring and it made the most terrifying squealing sound, like stepping on a cat (or, in my case, shutting her tail in the car boot). I'd woken up a frog a bit early.

A $180 sale this morning for an image with no keywords or caption!

I deleted keywords and caption about a year ago (i think) but obviously forgot to hit the delete button

when i uploaded a less hastily processed similar image.

Maybe the image had been downloaded to a buyer`s lightbox...

Joe

A commercial client licensed one of my images for $1640 for multiple uses. Fortunately it was RM, so the uses added up.

They had a lot of good images to choose from so it was blind luck that they picked mine. My plan for the future is to continue to be blindly lucky.

Archived