Post your positive results here :)

Very impressive, Tony, and such good advice. I took a quick look and all your images are quality images. I'm sure you are right that it has paid off to edit your images very tightly.

Paulette

Very impressive, Tony, and such good advice. I took a quick look and all your images are quality images. I'm sure you are right that it has paid off to edit your images very tightly.

Paulette

Hi Paulette many thanks

I see you like your animals!

And you're not fallen into the trap of uploading loads of similars.

Hope you make lots of sales

Not sure if you guys are inspiring me or depressing me. Hope I get to that point some day!! I apparently have no natural talent at anything, so everything I do seems to be a struggle. But I refuse to give up this photography thing. It's about the only passion in life I have left these days.

Not sure if you guys are inspiring me or depressing me. Hope I get to that point some day!! I apparently have no natural talent at anything, so everything I do seems to be a struggle. But I refuse to give up this photography thing. It's about the only passion in life I have left these days.

Don't fret Carl it's early days yet, your passion will help, just get out and take photos wherever you can.

It took me years to get the hang of it, especially photoshop, which I'm still learning!

I can honestly say I've never ever taken a photograph that I'm 100% happy with. 

Just had a sale drop in for $52, not a lot, but it keeps me enthused and wanting to do more.  What's even better is, the picture was essentially a snap/grab shot with no planning involved at all!  I'm feeling great!!! :D

As long as the buyers are, I'm not too fussed.

It doesn't have to be 100%, just enough to pay up.

“Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.” ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

As long as the buyers are, I'm not too fussed.

It doesn't have to be 100%, just enough to pay up.

“Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.” ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

That's a relief, I take that many a year.

Hang on though, it took me 20 years to take the first 10,000...............

Perhaps now so impressive, but still a positive result for me: after being an Alamy member for 1 year + 1 month (and starting to lose hope), I've got my first sale! $20 is not much, but still better than $0 :-)

Perhaps now so impressive, but still a positive result for me: after being an Alamy member for 1 year + 1 month (and starting to lose hope), I've got my first sale! $20 is not much, but still better than $0 :-)

For being 1 year and having 256 images having first sale is good result.

Mirco

Congratulations, that's fabulous news! My first sale came after 4 months and a couple of hundred images, and was for a measly $10.68, but it was still a sale and I was thrilled! Hopefully your sale will encourage you to shoot more stock, upload it and achieve more sales! Well done again.

For being 1 year and having 256 images having first sale is good result.

Mirco

Oh, yes - I've noticed that already!

Borys

Congratulations, that's fabulous news! My first sale came after 4 months and a couple of hundred images, and was for a measly $10.68, but it was still a sale and I was thrilled! Hopefully your sale will encourage you to shoot more stock, upload it and achieve more sales! Well done again.

Thanks! Indeed, that is the best incentive.

Up until 9 days ago I couldn't complain about the value of my sales.There were one or two low ones but my average sale based on three years of sales is $100.

I’ve had two sales in 9 days which normally would make me very happy but the first was for $1.41 gross to India and the second one today is an RM distributor sale for $4.15 that nets me just $1.24. That means I'm netting $1.94 for two sales. I don't mind taking one for the team once in a while but there are no good sales to offset these. Is this the new normal?

Information for second sale:

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 November 2016
End: 01 November 2021
Flat rate per image. Bulk discount

Archived