MircoV

Post your positive results here :)

I feel I've just got to join in with all this good positive news. It's only October and this is my record year for licences and I've also just exceeded my previous best year for revenue which was in 2009!

I don't fiddle around too much with statistics but my surge in sales this year coincided with a twelve page leap upwards in CTR ranking and it's taken 46% more licences to surpass my previous revenue best. All interesting stuff!! :)  :)

Jim. 

• Upvote 2

This year continues very well for me. Two sales appeared today -- a small one through a Russian distributor and a very nice $185 for a book.

Paulette

• Upvote 1

Got this one for $625:

Usage: Advertising and promotion
Media: Television (advertising)
Industry sector: Government (local, regional, national)
Placement: Regional
Start: 14 October 2016
End: 14 November 2016

The country was listed as one state of the USA.

Same image has been licensed for $175 for textbook in 2014 and $250 for print and e-book this year, plus a couple of under $20 uses.

Its one of those pictures that I really didn't expect to be in demand.

Jerry

• Upvote 1

Got this one for $625:

Same image has been licensed for $175 for textbook in 2014 and $250 for print and e-book this year, plus a couple of under $20 uses.

Jerry

Just another example of wasteful government spending of tax payers money! -_-  Of course, it'll be all fine and good if it's my picture. Congratulations!

Got this one for $625:

Jerry

Just another example of wasteful government spending of tax payers money! -_-  Of course, it'll be all fine and good if it's my picture. Congratulations!

Yes, congratulations. I'm all for wasteful government spending myself.

I had a $100+ sale show up today, which is always a cause for celebration these days. Sorry, the drinks won't be on me.

Got this one for $625:

Jerry

Got this one for $625:

Seems quite reasonable to me. People already get screwed enough by their governments, if governments won't pay a fair price for work who else should? 

Got this one for $625:

Jerry

Got this one for $625:

Seems quite reasonable to me. People already get screwed enough by their governments, if governments won't pay a fair price for work who else should? 

For sure, and better to spend the money on us rather than on big pay raises for politicians.

• Upvote 2

Had my first two sales, two months in a row, and now I've gone a month without even a zoom. :-( I know I know... not enough images yet. I was lucky to get a sale two months in a row!! :-)

I busted two bogus Personal Use :)

Well done!!!!

How did you track them down?

Edited by TeeCee

I busted two bogus Personal Use  :)

Well done!!!!

How did you track then down?

I found one through Google Images (a cover music CD).

The other one was so sneaky that it has no place in a "positive thread". Clue: the client contacted me directly through my website asking for a bigger size after purchasing a PU from Alamy)  :o

• Upvote 2

After few email exchanges with CR, my sale in June ($300) cleared today. I will get my first payment ever in November!!

In addition a small sale came yesterday ($11.88). It is my 3rd sale this year and also my third sale since I joined Alamy in 2014!

Thank you Alamy!

• Upvote 4

Yesterday I surpassed my best ever year (2013) for volume of sales on Alamy BUT for only 50% of the gross income.  Not sure whether that is a positive or a negative result.

Pearl

• Upvote 4

I just had my first zoom today! Hope it leads to a sale  :)

Congratulations. I bet there are buyers who are going to be delighted to find images done by someone so knowledgable.

Paulette

Not the best month for $$$ but so far October has seen the highest number of sales in one month for me here this year.

• Upvote 1

October is the best month ever sales wise in my 9 years with Alamy.

John.

I can tell the same. For me the best month ever. Alamy keeps me suprising. Today i got a 150 dollar sale for a very straight forward photo. It is an image of a sidewalk with some weeds growth. Basically an image that everyone can take. An image that i never sold on any microstock agency. Similar good sale i got from a Polish supermarket that is only located in Poland. I guess Arletta knows it very well......Biedronka. Nice to see that Polish subjects are also well selling.

Mirco

• Upvote 1

I just had my first zoom today! Hope it leads to a sale  :)

Congratulations. I bet there are buyers who are going to be delighted to find images done by someone so knowledgable.

Paulette

Thanks Paulette!  :)

Yes Mirco, I know Biedronka shops but I don't buy there, I prefer to support local farmers at the bazaar if it's about food (no comparison in quality between massive shop vs fresh farmer's products). For other products there are better shops with much better variety and prices than Biedronka ;)

And back to Alamy - lately I see sales over $100 which is a nice change after last ~ $30-60 sales. I'm also happy to see Polish subjects selling better.

It's only a UK newspaper sale so a very low amount, but I've noticed that an image of mine yesterday in the Telegraph has my pseudo name and Alamy as the credit. I haven't seen that in a newspaper for years, so I hope that continues. I've noticed lately that credits on images from other agencies seem to show the actual photographer too on various UK newspaper websites. I think this is very positive and I hope all newspapers and other clients soon start crediting properly.

Now they just have to learn to always log their uses!   :)

Geoff.

• Upvote 2

It's only a UK newspaper sale so a very low amount, but I've noticed that an image of mine yesterday in the Telegraph has my pseudo name and Alamy as the credit. I haven't seen that in a newspaper for years, so I hope that continues. I've noticed lately that credits on images from other agencies seem to show the actual photographer too on various UK newspaper websites. I think this is very positive and I hope all newspapers and other clients soon start crediting properly.

Now they just have to learn to always log their uses!   :)

Geoff.

I think the Guardian is probably the best at this, though even they only do it 50% of the time...

Kumar

• Upvote 2