Post your positive results here :)

Thank you for the whoops, dances and toasts! This thread is quite motivational.   :D Have a lovely weekend. Onward and upward and looking fwd to my 2nd,3rd, 10th and 50th sale. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just searched for "my name/Alamy" at Google Books and found this sale...

Ancient Lives: An Introduction to Archaeology and Prehistory

By Dr. Brian Fagan
ancient-chumash-native-american-cave-pai

Ancient Chumash Native American Cave Paintings in Santa Barbara, California

Image ID: DGEA2C

Must be a special day today ... just broken my Alamy record with a $650 sale today. After all the moaning about PU sales by some people (justified by the way) this just shows that Alamy is still the place to be for decent sales.

Very happy, thank you Alamy!

Marc

Thanks Geoff - not had one that value or above  since 8 years

Kumar

Must be a special day today ... just broken my Alamy record with a $650 sale today. After all the moaning about PU sales by some people (justified by the way) this just shows that Alamy is still the place to be for decent sales.

Very happy, thank you Alamy!

Marc

Very well done, both of you! :)

Must mean mine's on it's way? ;):D:lol:

Just found out what my $650 sale from yesterday was for :

"image to be used as permanent wall décor within a hotel located in Washington DC, only one print will be produced from this image"

Wouldn't it be nice if we all had a few of these every month ... 

Marc

After a few low single and double digit sales I finally made a sale at Alamy which actually covered my expenses to produce the picture. $125 for a 70 cents item I photographed on my kitchen table.

(Ok, I also remember the days when 125$ was nothing to get excited about, but times have changed, unfortunately)

Zoomed one day, sold the next. Also, first time that a zoomed image sold. None of my previous zooms sold, and none of my previous sales was zoomed.

Like all my previous sales, it's something of which there are less than 50 pictures at Alamy. Gap-filling seems to work.

Christoph

"image to be used as permanent wall décor within a hotel located in Washington DC, only one print will be produced from this image"

Marc

Wow one here too this morning!

We have to go there! The Alamy Gallery ;-)

I actually just left. Anybody with a hunch of were this is, please report.

Mine is a flowering shrub local to DC.

wim

Marc

Wow one here too this morning!

We have to go there! The Alamy Gallery ;-)

I actually just left. Anybody with a hunch of were this is, please report.

Mine is a flowering shrub local to DC.

wim

My 850$ sale was also to this place - they want to use the image to make 2 prints. Mine was a picture from interior of a well known building in DC

Kumar

Finally my first sale, 100 for a RF landscape picture, actually a snapshot I took without a tripod and which came out pretty well, you won't hear me complain about no sales for a while  :)

I thought this day would never happen.

Finally my first sale, 100 for a RF landscape picture, actually a snapshot I took without a tripod and which came out pretty well, you won't hear me complain about no sales for a while  :)

I thought this day would never happen.

Congratulations! 

Good luck for the future

Kumar

Was very pleased with last years income but have just passed it after 7 months. Still 5 months to go ???? also just one sale short of last years number. Things moving nicely. Also zooms gone mad this year. Zooms to sales approx 40%

Archived