Post your positive results here :)

Congrats Doug!

Nice to be giving out lots of greenies on this forum today! 

The excitement over $7 sales does trouble me, but I also feel that we should encourage people trying to sell here who I hope will learn to expect more for their work. It's not their entirely their fault that they expect so little given the state of the industry, but you're right that we need to show them that they should expect a lot more. I hoped by posting my well-priced sale I could lead by example while still encouraging newbies and gently leading them to realize that there was more out there. With a crowd sourced model you're going to get pros who are in this to help them make a living as well as amateurs who would probably let their work be published for free just for the publicity and if they are in the forums hopefully they'll learn that their work has value. But I fear that putting them down will only chase them away. 

Only halfway through the year, and both my sales and revenue are close to last year's final total - positive news, I think

Alex

Good going Alex, particularly with the revenue, given the conditions these days

Kumar

Only halfway through the year, and both my sales and revenue are close to last year's final total - positive news, I think

Alex

Good going Alex, particularly with the revenue, given the conditions these days

Kumar

Likewise.  Sales volume and gross/net have now exceeded last year's totals (which - to be fair - were pretty dismal).  Better is that I'm over halfway to matching 2014's figures.  If I can beat those at the end of the year, I'll be happy enough.

Just made my first sale!!! Considering the small size of my portfolio at the moment I was quite surprised to say the least. It was for a poster/interior decor for $364!! :D :D :D

It's certainly confidence boosting.

Regards, Davey

A  $ 370.00 (direct) sale dropped in this morning. Very welcome after all those peanuts  :mellow: With 7 days to go, could use some more three figure sales to turn June into an average month.

Cheers,

Philippe

....... and -$ 370.00 refunded today  :angry:

Some more peanuts instead. Nice way to start the weekend  :mellow:

Cheers,

Philippe

Not nice at all.

Do you ever get any comments on the reason for a refund? 

dd

A  $ 370.00 (direct) sale dropped in this morning. Very welcome after all those peanuts  :mellow: With 7 days to go, could use some more three figure sales to turn June into an average month.

Cheers,

Philippe

Cheers,

Philippe

Not nice at all.

dd

Let me guess. Waiting for a better exchange rate? 

Don't worry. It'll come back,  $$$ maybe.

My zooms are catching up and CTR getting close to Alamy's usual monthly average. Something like half are for Brexit related though, so it won't be long before they stop getting any interest! Got a nice sale today too, which was only zoomed yesterday, for a Brexit signpost. $68 RF, which I know isn't that high but considering the usual sales I've had lately, it's excellent. The terms of the license are unbelievable though. 10 years for one company for use in what sounds like every way you could possibly imagine, short of sending it to the moon with my image stuck to the side of the space rocket. I accept that's my choice though to sell as RF in this case, so I'm happy.

Geoff.

I have a sneaky feeling that Brexit images will continue to sell for some considerable time to come...

Just made my first sale!!! Considering the small size of my portfolio at the moment I was quite surprised to say the least. It was for a poster/interior decor for $364!! :D :D :D

It's certainly confidence boosting.

Regards, Davey

Very well done, Davey.  A great way start to your sales here on Alamy (just don't count on too many like that ;) )!

Cheers,

Philippe

Cheers,

Philippe

Not nice at all.

dd

Let me guess. Waiting for a better exchange rate? 

Don't worry. It'll come back,  $$$ maybe.

Yup, tempted to think that Gabbro is right: they'll be back, Philippe (unless they've decided to invest in gold, instead ;) )!

Got my first sale on 24th ....$40.42, Distributor sale.

With just 196 images and 2 months, I thought it would take much longer...

Great...Thanks Alamy.

Mathew

Well done, Mathew.  A good start with so few images.

Got my first sale on 24th ....$40.42, Distributor sale.

With just 196 images and 2 months, I thought it would take much longer...

Great...Thanks Alamy.

Mathew

Congratulations Mathew!

Kumar

Two sales dropped in today (for the same image), meaning a BME for volume and just under my BME for $$$.  I do have issues with the pricing of these particular licenses, but I'll keep the negativity for another thread!

Archived