Post your positive results here :)

Thanks Ed for your compliment :) .

I speak also Italian by the way since my parents are Italian and i proudly wear the nationality. For Dutch, German or Polish you can also knock on my door.

To be honoust i have to admit that some answers of you are little direct (honoust) that scares some new people here. But this is the world of the experienced photographers as you. Eyes like a eagle and true critic. The only way to learn and open your eyes. Ed please dont leave Alamy :D .

Mirco

You're right, of course, Mirco. I have a dark side. Most of the regulars in this room know that. 

It's interesting that Italian, all the Romance languages, have a lot of built-in politeness. 

Io sono irlandese da Brooklyn . . . ma anche un po Romano. It was a long time ago now, but I loved living in Rome.  :)

Hello fellow photographers.

I know that there is not always easy to make sales but lets for the change be positive. You had a good month? Or you made a high sale? Lets put in this topic all your good results.

New people should be encouraged. :) :)

Mirco

Hmm.  And why do you think I should share that detailed information, Micro? I come up with an idea for a subject; I go out at the best time to shoot it, capture the image . . . and then tell everyone here, my competition, what that subject is that sold?  Don't think so.  :huh:

Well, I never thought I'd see that on this forum and it disgusts me.  How desperate must you be to think along those lines when all Mirco was trying to do was to encourage newbies (like myself) and inject a little positivity into proceedings?  Shame on you...

Oh FGS . . . Ed's statement is valid, and if you had read more you'd have seen that Mirco actually agreed with him, as do a few other contributors. It's actually why very, very few reports of big sales in this thread are accompanied by actual details of the image.

Seriously, if that sort of thing "disgusts" you, you truly need to get out more.

dd

I get out a lot - shooting stock for Alamy!!! :P:D:lol:

Due to my moaning, our images at the partner agency Mauritius now also show .................... our names  ;)

Cheers,

Philippe (do I get a medal for courage and perseverance? :mellow:)

Thanks Phillipe, I did not expect them to agree!

Yes, you deserve a medal, but will have to settle for a greeny. :)

Positive result: February is going to be my best month ever so far (at Alamy). Highest number of sales, highest gross revenue ever (at Alamy). Isn't that great and inspiring for others? Even sold a picture only two weeks after uploading it.

In absoute figures: cumulative net earnings USD 2.80  :angry:   :(

Positive result: February is going to be my best month ever so far (at Alamy). Highest number of sales, highest gross revenue ever (at Alamy). Isn't that great and inspiring for others? Even sold a picture only two weeks after uploading it.

In absoute figures: cumulative net earnings USD 2.80 :angry::(

You have to be more patient. You're only submitting to Alamy for a few months. Clients don't pay right away after a publication. It can take up to three months to show up in your sales reports.

And as you probably have read on this forum, it takes many thousands of pictures to get regular sales.

Cheers,

Philippe

So you're saying I can expect more $2.80 sales in a few months? yay  ;)

On a more serious side: I completely understand that with only 250 pictures I'll not make many sales. I have a larger portfolio, but it will take me a long time to rebuild it on Alamy (I've been with a local agency before, but they went out of business). So I'm not complaining about the number of sales. I'm complaining about getting $2.80 for a picture that's advertised for £29 (=> £14.5 after commission). And this was neither a distributor nor a UK newspaper scheme sale (AFAIK).

Actually I was very surprised to get a sale reported on an image uploaded only two weeks earlier.

Those low sales are usually bulk sales. You need a little luck.

Last sales I received were for $ 180.00 / $ 69.90 / $ 37.44 / $ 26.37 / $ 75.00 (gross, direct sales). Those are the prices you might expect nowadays.

Cheers,

Philippe

Dank je wel, Philippe.

I have to admit that I was really disappointed to see my first sale here with a discount of almost 90% off the listed price, and while most of the figures you posted are also not too hight, they are somewhat comforting. I guess my mindset is still based in the (not so distant!) past, when a two-digit sale was already something to complain about.

Let's see what the next sales bring.

Nervous to report this since I fear refunds and who knows whatever superstitions I believe in or yet to believe in.  It seems that the spike in zooms in December is beginning to payoff.  Sales are strong this month but my breath was taken away when I opened the Summary of Sales last night and saw an advertising sale for over $2,000!!  In my 11 year with Alamy, this is my second $2,000 plus sale.   Thank you Alamy sales team!!!!   My collection is very editorial so commercial use sales are extremely rare for me.  So there is hope for big sales for all of us!!

Michael

Nervous to report this since I fear refunds and who knows whatever superstitions I believe in or yet to believe in.  It seems that the spike in zooms in December is beginning to payoff.  Sales are strong this month but my breath was taken away when I opened the Summary of Sales last night and saw an advertising sale for over $2,000!!  In my 11 year with Alamy, this is my second $2,000 plus sale.   Thank you Alamy sales team!!!!   My collection is very editorial so commercial use sales are extremely rare for me.  So there is hope for big sales for all of us!!

Michael

My goodness, that's amazing - well done!!!

Nervous to report this since I fear refunds and who knows whatever superstitions I believe in or yet to believe in. It seems that the spike in zooms in December is beginning to payoff. Sales are strong this month but my breath was taken away when I opened the Summary of Sales last night and saw an advertising sale for over $2,000!! In my 11 year with Alamy, this is my second $2,000 plus sale. Thank you Alamy sales team!!!! My collection is very editorial so commercial use sales are extremely rare for me. So there is hope for big sales for all of us!!

Michael

Nice feeling eh? :-) Well done.

It was the almost exact same experience for me that makes me shake my head and wonder every time someone starts pushing for an "editorial only" button . . .

dd

Michael

Fantastic - that's great news! Congratulations  :)

Excellent!

Fingers crossed; holding our breath, what else can we do?

;-)

wim

That's about all you can do.  The photo sold was not extraordinary.  Any one of us could have taken it.  It was an outdoors, daytime, handheld "grabshot".  Not a planned shoot.

It is just a patient, wait and see game.  I keep shooting and uploading and once in a while you hope to get lucky!

Archived