"Average" duration for QC

Actually, my initial QC submission passed in 20 hours.  The submission where one image out of five was rejected took 2 or 3 days...this one was submitted late on Thursday and Alamy's estimated review time was 23 hours.  It appears that dates and times posted by the system reflect time in Great Britain so Monday is a likely the earliest I can expect it.  I'm not complaining, just trying to understand and hopefully work within the system.

Another oddity of the system is why did one of my images get posted.  I  reviewed the only four approved images from my initial QC submission last Tuesday and added a few key words but to the best of my knowledge did not release them.  However, now after several days just one of them has suddenly appeared for public view.  Anyone have any clues as to how or why this happened?  I can start a new topic for this but don't really want to clog the forum with every little question that pops up.

You actually don't have to do anything to "release" them. As soon as you have filled in required fields for keywords in Manage Images they will go live the next day. You will see little red or green checkmarks  by the different categories such as "Keywords" or "Attributes". The ones that haven't gone on sale yet will have one or more red checks. As you fill in those categories you will get a green check and as soon as there are no more red ones you will be considered to be finished. You can add more keywords after they are on sale either in Manage Images or from the Search page by zooming and clicking "Edit Image" at the top right.

Paulette

Thanks for letting me know. My keywording isn't close to done for that image. Since I want to retain final control over if and when images are posted, I'll start working on them in Excel and only upload when I'm ready to publish. Can I assume that if I remove the keywords from an image it will be removed from public view?

Can I assume that if I remove the keywords from an image it will be removed from public view?

No, the only way is not to finalize the annotation of the image so it doesn't move to the "ready container". But does it matter? You can always work on the keywording.

And for the 23 hours below. The 23 hours are not the expected waiting time for QC. It may be shorter or a lot longer also depending on your QC success history.

this one was submitted late on Thursday and Alamy's estimated review time was 23 hours. It appears that dates and times posted by the system reflect time in Great Britain so Monday is a likely the earliest I can expect it. I'm not complaining, just trying to understand and hopefully work within the system.

Put another batch in now and they are Awaiting QC. The batch from last week seem to be stuck on processing.

Both batches are now awaiting QC. Guess that first batch was stuck in the matrix. Hopefully they'll be passed by tomorrow.

I would not say so, he uploads quite a few at a time so i guess it would take QC a bit longer. Then again, you get a shorter wait based on your QC history.

My first 5 batches where submitted around midnight on a Sunday or early hours Monday. They were all passed by the Tuesday afternoon. I don't know what happened to that recent batch. I'll just put it down to a sunny Bank Holiday and was at the back of the queue.

The batch that was processing for a week was a partial fail as 1 of 44 images had a processing error, hence the wait. The rest were fine. 

The batch they received yesterday cruised through this morning.

Happy :)

Lynn, a suggestion and a question.

Read all the information that Alamy has put up here:  http://www.alamy.com/contributor/help/prepare-images.asp

Of course, if you are confused about something people in the forum are glad to help . . . but we don't want to do your basic research for you. And personally I don't bother Alamy with question that involve simple human impatience. The collection is now about 36,000,000 images; they must have a few other issues to deal with.

You said your first 4 test images were accepted, right? So why do you have just one image showing as your collection?

I find that sometime QC happens in a day sometimes it,s three days and if one get stuck (meaning a error when uploading) it can take over a week.. but hey it's no big deal, just spend your time either out taking more images or making sure that the images that you already have are up to scratch.  I would imagine that the people who are on the forum are just a small percentage of the photographers that upload to alamy :) , so the guys at alamy QC have their work cut out checking all of those images..I think following the link that Ed has put up is good advice..

Last week I attempted to close this thread by indicating it had been answered, but found people continued to post to it anyway.  It’s probably run its course so if there is a way to close it let me know and I’ll be glad to do so now.

I read the information at the referenced link a couple times before uploading my first QC submission but thanks to all for recommending I read it again.

“Simple human impatience” has little to do with my questions. In reality I’m a bit of a perfectionist that likes to do it right the first time.  I’ve been trying to elicit the information I need to understand the system and avoid rejections.  I had hoped there would be a brief period of patience where I could ask a few questions and want to thank those that took the time to help me.

As for my images, the first four were approved.  It was my intent that none be posted until more images are approved.  I don’t have a lot of free time and find it more expedient to upload and keyword in larger groups.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived