"Average" duration for QC

I'm a newbie on Alamy.  I submitted my first 4 images on Sunday and 20 hours later they were approved.  I immediately uploaded 5 more images that I believe are similar in quality. The average approval time listed by Alamy is 24 hours but it has now been 37 hours.  Is this normal or should I assume there is a problem with one or more of the images?

I uploaded some the same time as you and am still waiting. Usually a longer wait after a bank holiday. Hopefully you will be keywording by the end of the day.

Hello and welcome too :)

Welcome.

Review times vary, holidays and weekends also change things. 24 hours is very quick, 2 to 3 days is more normal for me. If there is a problem though, it may take weeks before you get the rejection.

Thank you all.  I guess I need to wait a couple more days before panicking.  The keywording is my next great effort.  I had hoped to do the two batches together but I suppose it doesn't really matter. 

Alas, failed. 

I put a fifth image in the group to test what's acceptable and it was selected for review.  Going back I found what I believe was the issue and corrected it but it's a fairly tricky HDR and I'm reticent to resubmit it.  I presume I can now resubmit the other four images that are more straight forward and likely to be approved. Is this the right forum to ask for review of the one HDR image?  Edit: What size image should be uploaded for reviews in the forum?

I would check the other four carefully before re-submitting. They might not have inspected them.

If you can post 100% crop of the HDR image I'm sure numerous people will give you a review. :)

Thank you John.  I will definitely check them over again however three of the other four are from the same batch as an approved image and were processed identically.  The fourth should also be safe.  Of the five, the one inspected and failed is the first that came to mind when I learned the batch failed.  I'd love to post a crop but I see no way to post it here since it the image didn't upload. 

This is the image that failed.

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/florida-field-spectator-boxes-lynn-palmer.html

The other four images are like this.

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/wild-blue-yonder-beckons-lynn-palmer.html

The floodlights at the edges have poor edge definition so my guess is it's the lens. Compare it with the aeroplane. Stopping down might help- I've passed QC with it but centre field has always been tack-sharp and that's what gets you through.

I hope not Flintstone...

I looked at my file again and the submission failed for a clear fault, a stupid error where I uploaded an older version of the file that had a small but obvious editing issue. I suspect the final version would have passed. That said, I can't afford to have a bunch of fails so I didn't upload it a second time. My fingers are crossed for the ones I reuploaded. I'll feel better once I see that I'm passing on a regular basis.

FYI- they projected review of this batch will take 24 hours.

Hmmm, this has been my longest wait yet. I'll take it as a fail if they have not passed by 5pm tomorrow!

Anybody else still waiting from a Bank Holiday Monday upload?

Not sure when your bank holiday was, but I re-submitted a batch on Tuesday night (Vancouver time) after a month-long wait in the "sin bin" and they passed QC in about 36 hours.

I may have misunderstood, I did not resubmit the image that failed, but I resubmit several photos from the same batch that were not noted as having any problems. Was I supposed to wait a month?? They were accepted for review.

Hmmm, this has been my longest wait yet. I'll take it as a fail if they have not passed by 5pm tomorrow!

Anybody else still waiting from a Bank Holiday Monday upload?

Not sure when your bank holiday was, but I re-submitted a batch on Tuesday night (Vancouver time) after a month-long wait in the "sin bin" and they passed QC in about 36 hours.

Were any of those pictures RX100 jpegs?

I may have misunderstood, I did not resubmit the image that failed, but I resubmit several photos from the same batch that were not noted as having any problems. Was I supposed to wait a month?? They were accepted for review.

No you don't have to wait. People are referring to the fact that sometimes Alamy will make you wait by not sending your failure results for 28 days. It is a way they have of making us be very careful with our submissions.

Paulette

No, processing first, whilst the various thumbnails are generated, usually takes a few minutes, then they go to awaiting QC.

I thought that too, but they were awaiting at the beginning of the week and now processing??

No, processing first, whilst the various thumbnails are generated, usually takes a few minutes, then they go to awaiting QC.

I thought that too, but they were awaiting at the beginning of the week and now processing??

Some upload/processing errors take days to be resolved by the system. Most often you should notice the average waiting time stated when tracking/checking the upload afterwards. 23 hours will suggest everything is okay, 24 hours that there is a problem that could take time. Anyway it has been like this not long ago.

But relax - QC can take time. You can easily enter the wrong queue/line, wait for 10 days and so, and think that you have failed, but the images are finally approved. At least it was like this not so long ago.

Best advice is always to check your images thoroughly before upload - continue uploading until you suspect a failure due to the long waiting time. Then continue to produce images, but await the approval of the awaiting batches before uploading more images.

Based on previous comments they don't review on holidays (ie. bank holidays). Do they review on weekends?

If reviews can frequently take up to 10 days or longer then this process is discouraging for a newbie trying to assimilate what is and isn't acceptable.

Archived