Aircraft ID Help Please

Lynn Palmer

I've given it my best shot.  I'd be very appreciative if those of you with better knowledge of aircraft could confirm/correct my ID's for the following planes.  I'm referring to the manufacturer and model numbers, not the airline names.   :)    

E54BC9.jpg
E54BC8.jpg
E54BCA.jpg

I think the top tone is a Boeing 717

Link on Delta Site: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/airports-and-aircraft/Aircraft/boeing-717.html

The second one is an Airbus, but not sure which one. There is a number at the back before the tail fins and under the windows. I can't read it on this pic, but if you pull that up on your computer and see what it is, then type Airbus and that number into google, it should come up.

Jill

Off topic a tad. The UK tabloids make a great deal of use of aircraft photos on their websites, but there are thousands of images available. When trying to identify shots for the "Have You found any Alamy images" thread  I generally ignore these, as there are so many of them and, to my untrained eye, they all look very similar. While the particular type of plane should certainly be key worded if possible (maybe the class is involved in a series of incidents), these buyers are generally only interested in the airline company and/or location, e.g. Virgin Atlantic Heathrow etc.

Edit - probably a good idea to ensure that the company name is readable on the shot.

I can't help but think that there are easier subjects to capture with less competition for sales, but each to their own......

Jill, I think you're right, the Delta does look like a Boeing 717, and I previously identified the Avianca jet as an Airbus A321.

Bryan, you are entirely correct, there are easier subjects with less competition but I had an opportunity and was playing around at the end of the runway.  I figured it also gives me some variety in my portfolio.

Bryan, you are entirely correct, there are easier subjects with less competition but I had an opportunity and was playing around at the end of the runway.  I figured it also gives me some variety in my portfolio.

To help with the variety in your portfolio the red flowers on the latest page (E54BC7) are Delonix regia, the flame tree.  Hope this helps.

Archived