'Creative' section within new Categories

When I do an advanced search on Alamy for my contributor name, all my images come up as you would expect and only two images have been 'labelled' Creative. This hasn't changed since Creative was introduced.

When I clicked on the Cut Outs category at the bottom of the Alamy homepage today (most of my images are cutouts), and then added 'pram' to the words 'cut' and 'out' already in the search box, several of my images are shown under the Creative tab that don't appear under Creative in my contributor name search. The same test with several other words gives the same result.

If I search for 'cut out pram' in the general Alamy search box on the home page, I get the same result (because the Categories searches are no different basically).

Any idea why this should be? It would appear that many of my images have been labelled 'Creative' without me realising.

Marc

The theory is that the images that appear as Creative when you search your name were handpicked and the ones that just show up with specific keyword searches were selected because a certain kind of buyer zoomed on them. I don't think Alamy has ever confirmed this. Some of mine show up under some search terms but not others and I think that is the search term used when they were zoomed

Paulette

Marc,

I can't explain why either but have had same experience.  Under advanced search and contributor name none of my images come up under creative. However, quite accidentally whilst searching as if I was a buyer I have found, over last few months at least a dozen + that are in creative.

David.

As far as I can see there are two types of creatives pictures, some are hand picked by alamy, others are derived from zooms/sales history. I have some that appear when you add an "s" to a  word, but when that word is singular, I have different pictures in creative.

The first of my pics which went into the creative box where images which, at that time, had never been zoomed or sold and been in my portfolio for a number of years.

I still do not understand the selection criteria.

dov

C81N6X.jpg

My one and only creative image out of 4500, which has never been zoomed or sold and certainly wouldn't have been one I would have chosen for creative. In fact I don't think it's even very creative.....

John

Archived