The new Alamy dashboard

Top line of screen. Click "For Sellers" then click "Forum"

Thanks - this seems to be the best way back to the Forum.  Had to resort to finding it from a bookmark at first!

I like it. yes, it took a while to find the forum and Net Revenue, but I especially like the fact that you can see whether there are any images passed and waiting to be keyworded, without having to go to the submissions screen.

Though I must say, being faced with the sales graph every time I log on is a bit depressing.

Edit:

Just noticed a mistake. Looking at the sales figures for 6mths and 1 year, the figures up the side of the graph go -  $500; $1K; $2K; $2K; $3K.......

I like the image of Pinocchio with his nose in the air.  Ah ha ... that's my revenue graph. 

More style than substance it seems to me.  Why not some really useful information. 

Such as:  the ability to sort images according to number of sales, revenue earned, number of zooms?  Is it that Alamy is worried less we start deleting all our rubbish?

Just noticed a mistake. Looking at the sales figures for 6mths and 1 year, the figures up the side of the graph go -  $500; $1K; $2K; $2K; $3K.......

Thanks Phil, we'll look into that.

I have mixed feelings:

• The date format is different than what I'm used to. 01/05/14 on my side of the world is January 5, 2014....not May 1, 2014.  This can be confusing.
  • It took me 20 minutes to find the forum.
  • We should have the option in the graph to view sales at net - the numbers will vary for those of us in the distribution scheme so the graph can be deceiving
  • It seems nothing has really changed except the graph.....the only difference is the button/link that takes you to the old information on the site.
  • Any plans to include Stockimo information on the Dashboard?  It seems the goal is to provide one place to list everything and I would think the Stockimo stuff should fall under that category.
  • I have clearance to upload news images via FTP (and I do regurlarly) but it appears I still have to apply to allow this (under "additional revenue opportunities" tab)....very strange.

The new dashboard looks nice and I do like that in one place I can see what I've sold and what I have ready for keywording but on the other hand it will definitely take some getting used to.

What rubbish?

Allan

For a moment I read that as 'What rubbish!"

I would like to be able to delete my no hopers, but Alamy is keeping back the information I need.  What, for example, has neither been zoomed nor sold over the past three years?  I would also like to be able see what my best trends are, so that I could work on those.  I could spend a week digging this info out (minus zooms of more than a year ago) but given the current work/earnings ratio I don't think I will bother.  Something very simple to implement would be a search that would put our images into sales order, one for revenue and one for number of sales.  As it is I can work with edited agencies, get what feedback and info I need, push my earnings per image well above anything I could hope to earn from Alamy.   

After they introduced ranking they were good, but now they are falling behind the competition.  It's no longer like the old days when all they had to contend with were disorganised libraries full of shoe boxes.

What rubbish?

Allan

I would like to be able to delete my no hopers, but Alamy is keeping back the information I need.  What, for example, has neither been zoomed nor sold over the past three years?  I would also like to be able see what my best trends are, so that I could work on those.  I could spend a week digging this info out (minus zooms of more than a year ago) but given the current work/earnings ratio I don't think I will bother.  Something very simple to implement would be a search that would put our images into sales order, one for revenue and one for number of sales.  As it is I can work with edited agencies, get what feedback and info I need, push my earnings per image well above anything I could hope to earn from Alamy.   

After they introduced ranking they were good, but now they are falling behind the competition.  It's no longer like the old days when all they had to contend with were disorganised libraries full of shoe boxes.

I agree, I've been harping on about this for ages.

It would be very useful.

John.

What rubbish?

Allan

It would be very useful.

John.

Agree with both of your comments.

What I was inferring with my statement was that I do not believe any image we place with Alamy is rubbish. They can possibly all be used/licensed at some time. :huh::unsure:

Allan

What rubbish?

Allan

It would be very useful.

John.

Agree with both of your comments.

What I was inferring with my statement was that I do not believe any image we place with Alamy is rubbish. They can possibly all be used/licensed at some time. :huh::unsure:

Allan

Allan, that's very true, I wouldn't dare delete any image already uploaded in case it subsequently sold. It would be useful to see what our 'bestsellers' were and maybe concentrate along those lines.

John.

John I have already been looking into that line of attack but have not been to come to any definite conclusions yet.

Robert I would never say anyones comment on the forum is/was rubbish. We are all individuals and entitled to our opinions and I respect others opinions, even if I do/did not agree with them.

By the way, back to the OP, I like the new "dashboard". Don't "Love it" but it is good in that it gives information or access to information in one place.

Allan

I like the new dashboard, but it would be nice if it updated more than once a day and would auto update on weekends. The only other statistic I would like to see is when images are added to a lightbox.

Even if not purchased, it helps to know they were in the running.

Jill

Is there a mistake on the Alamy CTR value.

Capture.jpg

The Current Average Alamy CTR value I see seems to be different to that reported by others, and (as reported elsewhere) appears to be exactly the same as my Top Performing Pseudos CTR. Or have I misunderstood something?

Whew! Finally made it to the forum! It was quite a maze. However, after much clicking around, I eventually found a forum link in the sidebar on the Resources page. There's gotta be an easier way to get here?

Otherwise I like the graphs. They seem to give a good picture of what is (and isn't) going on. Plus it's always nice to have new stuff to play with. It will no doubt take awhile to get used to the new nonlinear layout, but I'm sure I'll master it one day. I haven't checked things out thoroughly enough (I've been too busy trying to find the forum) to make any other comments right now.

Whew! Finally made it to the forum! It was quite a maze. However, after much clicking around, I eventually found a forum link in the sidebar on the Resources page. There's gotta be an easier way to get here?

Otherwise I like the graphs. They seem to give a good picture of what is (and isn't) going on. Plus it's always nice to have new stuff to play with. It will no doubt take awhile to get used to the new nonlinear layout, but I'm sure I'll master it one day. I haven't checked things out thoroughly enough (I've been too busy trying to find the forum) to make any other comments right now.

John

Go to 'Sellers' on top of page and click Forum on drop down menu.

Mal

"What I was inferring with my statement was that I do not believe any image we place with Alamy is rubbish. They can possibly all be used/licensed at some time" 

"...that's very true, I wouldn't dare delete any image already uploaded in case it subsequently sold"

Alan, John, individually true, but statistically not so: we can predict that a large amount of content will never be licensed.  What I would like is a system allowing me (and perhaps others feel the same) to root out the ones most likely to fall into this category.  Ranking has a far bigger impact on sales than whether or not we hang onto images that might sell in a blue moon.  We can still make a subjective judgement and decide to keep some because we like them.

Does dashboard show NET income??

Otherwise change from 60/40 to 50/50 is

"hidden" & historical results post-2012 are misleading, IMO.

Right??

1. No, and
  2. Right!

EDIT: not that it affects me (first sale 2013)

John

Go to 'Sellers' on top of page and click Forum on drop down menu.

Mal

Thanks, Mal. I ended up just bookmarking the Alamy forum page. That seemed the easiest thing to do. It would be helpful if Alamy could put a direct link to the Forum from the dashboard. There may be a few forum members lost in the maze whom we'll never hear from again.

Does dashboard show NET income??

Otherwise change from 60/40 to 50/50 is

"hidden" & historical results post-2012 are misleading, IMO.

Right??

I'd agree - the graph is a bit misleading as it is. It's 'right' in the sense that it shows valid data, but it isn't really what most contributors want to know. 

I see many people here can't find way to forum link... As you said it's on the top menu/ for sellers (and I always used it this way) but I wonder how did you get to forum before changes? Just curious.

I see many people here can't find way to forum link... As you said it's on the top menu/ for sellers (and I always used it this way) but I wonder how did you get to forum before changes? Just curious.

It was easy before the changes. You just had to click on the "Contributor Forum" link on your "My Alamy" page.

Archived