Changing an image's pseudonym

You ought to do a little trial and error  :)

Manage Images

-> defaults and pseudonyms

-> make new pseudonym  if doesn't exist already.

Then open the image in manage images - Attributes - and change to the new pseudonym.... 

Further to above in manage images 2.4 drag all images into batch banner at bottom of page and then batch change. Takes seconds.

dov

Thanks dov. I have just had to change one image over from another unused pseudo. Don't know how it got in there but it did. I was thinking how time consuming it would be to do a larger quantity that way and if there was a better, quicker way and you have fortuitously answered that thought.

Allan

A related question....if I have my images keyworded, but want to drag several into the batch to add one or two more keywords, do I lose all the keywords already there and have to keyword them from start? 

I have been afraid to batch, because I do all my keywording in Bridge before uploading.

Yet, for small changes, it would be nice to drag a number of them for one or two keyword additions.

As far as I understand it Betty, you would overwrite the whole field - so you would lose all the keywords already there.

Edit: for the particular keyword field only (e.g. only main keywords if that's what you were updating).

Adam

Sorry slightly confused by above comments. Are people saying that by changing a batch of images to another pseudo (without changing the existing keywords) that the keywording would be lost?

Anxious Allan

Sorry slightly confused by above comments. Are people saying that by changing a batch of images to another pseudo (without changing the existing keywords) that the keywording would be lost?

Anxious Allan

- only if you at the same time will add keywords in the batch function.... 

Allan,

If you change JUST the pseudonym amd don't tick any other boxes everything else should stay the same. I did a major reorganisation of my pseudonyms a few weeks ago with no problems. Do them in smaller batches at first if you are concerned - I did many 100s at a time..

A related question....if I have my images keyworded, but want to drag several into the batch to add one or two more keywords, do I lose all the keywords already there and have to keyword them from start? 

I have been afraid to batch, because I do all my keywording in Bridge before uploading.

Yet, for small changes, it would be nice to drag a number of them for one or two keyword addition

In a case like this I would type the additional words in the first pic and then cut and paste onto the subsequent ones.

dov

Thanks, you all cleared that up.  I have changed the pseudo of only one image by just clicking on it in manage images, changing to another of my already established pseudos and clicking the proper button for the change to be recorded.

Betty

Success, and so easy... and obvious... duh!

Niels... my whole life is trial and error :( They say that you learn from your mistakes, but that doesn't account for making new ones!

Thanks for your help :)

Archived