Current QC status

QC has got MUCH stricter, no question.   So all you nervous QC-ers are not the only ones.  My first submission was in 2001 and for years passing QC was no problem, but recently I seem to have spent most of my time in the sin bin (where I now languish!), even though I'm now paranoid about quality.  Usually my sin is "soft" images, which frankly I can't see (I've got excellent eyesight!).  Once  in the bin, you have "form" and getting out is a hell of a problem.  I've got 9136 images in the bag, good equipment, and Alamy tell me I'm in the top 1% of their sellers, but I'll probably soon get the chop for too many failures.   In the old days, when snaps fetched real money, QC was a doddle, but now that you only get peanuts, QC is suddenly ferocious.  Funny old world.   With hindsight, Alamy should have edited for content, like everyone else, but too late for that now. Any Alamy offering beyond the first two or three pages is rubbish: unsaleable.  They've unleashed a beast they can no longer control. 

rolfrich@aol.com

Interesting to hear your experiences. I tend to agree with you, QC is much stricter than it used to be. The expectation now seems to be that images must look as sharp at 100% as they would at print size. I got quite confused last year when I had images failing that I know would have passed no problem a few years ago. I'm not sure what is behind this change, but it appears to be the new reality. Having said that, I emerged from a month in the Sin Bin a few days ago and gingerly uploaded a small batch yesterday. I had checked and rechecked them until I was cross-eyed, so I was relieved to see today that they have passed within less than 24 hours. 

Can I buy just the camera bit of an iPhone?

dd

QC seems slow again this week. Is this because of the introduction of Stockimo? I know they are not QC'ing those images but they are selecting and rating them - have Alamy taken on new staff to do this work or is it being done at the expense of other work like QC'ing?

QC seems slow again this week. Is this because of the introduction of Stockimo? I know they are not QC'ing those images but they are selecting and rating them - have Alamy taken on new staff to do this work or is it being done at the expense of other work like QC'ing?

Can you imagine what happens when some of the zillions of mobile phone users out there hear that they can upload to Alamy? Imagine the number of submissions? Imagine the effect on QC resources?

If you think QC delays are not as good as they should be now, I strongly suspect you ain't seen nothing yet.

dd

iPhones? Why are we discussing iPhones? This is a forum for photographers............sorry, did I miss something?

Anyway, I can't joint in, I have a Samsung Galaxy and it takes c**p pictures!

:huh: and the problem with that is?  ;)

Duncan. I guess there is no problem really!

I use my Samsung Galaxy to make phone calls, which it excels at. I use my cameras to take pictures, which they excel at. Don't know why I'm beating myself up here.  ;)

iPhones? Why are we discussing iPhones? This is a forum for photographers............sorry, did I miss something?

:huh: and the problem with that is?  ;)

Duncan. I guess there is no problem really!

I use my Samsung Galaxy to make phone calls, which it excels at. I use my cameras to take pictures, which they excel at. Don't know why I'm beating myself up here.  ;)

I love my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, nice big screen and very versatile! They can keep their iPhone's, they just can't compete with my Samsung  :D  And that's coming from a Apple Mac fan...... just not their phones!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and it's images may be c**p but IME they are fairly comparable to the iPhone images.  I will be upgrading my phone later this year but I have trouble seeing where the iPhone is worth the extra money.  Especially with its smaller screen (my aging eyes like the bigger EMOLE screen).  Are there any other advantages to the iPhone that I should consider?  I wonder if I got an iPad or an Apple Air tablet instead of an iPhone can I upload images to Stockimo?  I hope Alamy gets around to the Android app soon.

I'm sorry if this strays from the original OP's topic but I'm posting as a continuation of prior posts.

Edit:  As a point of interest, the Google Android market share exceeds that of iOS in every country worldwide with the exception of Japan.  Market share for iOS continues to drop.

Archived