Have you found any Alamy photographs? February 2014

Well found Lynne, spent ages looking for that photo!

Times Weekend 15th

P21 C81NTF James Osmond  View from near Castle Neroche in The Blackdown Hills. Somerset. England. UK.

C81NTF.jpg

P41 BD6B6M Boaz Rottem Tasty Moroccan olives sold in every market bazaar in Morocco.

BD6B6M.jpg

Well found Lynne, spent ages looking for that photo!

No problem, I found it really quickly for a change!! 'teenager computer' search and the girl appeared in the first photo which I've just realised is under the name Andrzej Tokarski but a couple of pictures along there is another one of her with others in that grouping - it was in there - I presume its a pseudo and the mail had downloaded one from his other name as well and mis-credited it. - sorry I'm not shouting or trying to make a point but I don't seem to be able to turn of the bold - buttons are all greyed out for some reason!!

Lynne

Guardian Online, Feb 15
Broken mobile phone, A6YD60, Phil Cawley/Alamy
Snowboarder in Vogel, Slovenia, DHX641, Ivan Smuk (Alamy credit only)

Keyboard cable in shape of heart, B2T840, OJO Images Ltd/Alamy
Cup of tea, BH18W8, ICP (Alamy credit only)

Common green capsid bug, crop of BN5FCE, Naturepix (Alamy credit only)

i [uK] 15 February, page 40
The Independent [uK] 15 February, Traveller page 10
B57X9H.jpg
B57X9H Cerro Santa Lucia (Santa Lucia park) and the ornate Terraza Neptuno fountain, Santiago, Chile, South America Gavin Hellier / Robert Harding World Imagery

The Independent [uK] 15 February, Traveller pages 6-7
BR9XYF.jpg
BR9XYF Pelican Bar, Treasure Beach, Jamaica South Coast Greg Johnston / Danita Delimon

15/02/2014, Guardian, p31, Durham cathedral, B3332T, Graeme Peacock
15/02/2014, Guardian, p43, scrapped cars, CFB32J, JoeFox [Alamy credit only]
15/02/2014, Guardian, p49, still from Babette's Feast, D32KJ8, Nordisk Film [Credit to Photos 12/Alamy]
15/02/2014, Guardian [Review section], p8, picture of woman licking lips credited to Profimedia/Alamy that I can't find
15/02/2014, Guardian [Magazine], p54, Burmese cat, BET2R9, petographer [Alamy credit only]
15/02/2014, Guardian [Magazine], p54, sailing at St Tropez, B87GFP, Photo12.com - Thierry Seray [Circular crop. Alamy credit only]
15/02/2014, Guardian [Magazine], p89, capsid bug, BN5FCE, Naturepix [Alamy credit only]
15/02/2014, Guardian [Travel section], p2, snowboarder, DHX641, Ivan Smuk [Cropped. No credit - poss not via Alamy]
15/02/2014, Guardian [Travel section], p8, father pulling son on sledge, C6546N, IS09966VZ [Alamy credit only]
15/02/2014, Guardian [Travel section], p9, La Fruitiere restaurant in Val d'Isere, BAE639, SUDRES Jean-Daniel / hemis.fr [Alamy credit only]
15/02/2014, Guardian [Guide], p38, Jorvik Viking Festival, BHPH9J, Richard Peel

Just wish to give a BIG THANK YOU to all on this thread who give freely and unselfishly to help others in finding others images in/on the media.

I browse this thread looking for any of my images that may crop up but not found any yet. A very useful facility and hope it continues ad infinitum.

I don't know where you all find the time but it is much appreciated.

Thank you again.

Allan

Just wish to give a BIG THANK YOU to all on this thread who give freely and unselfishly to help others in finding others images in/on the media.

I browse this thread looking for any of my images that may crop up but not found any yet. A very useful facility and hope it continues ad infinitum.

Thank you again.

Allan

I agree with everything that Allan has written, this is one thread i read every day...thanks.

Thanks for the thanks guys, keeps me out of mischief.

Mail Online 15th

D3BH2X dpa  The cruise liner 'Marco Polo' lays at the embankment of the Baltic Sea resort Warnemuende, Germany, 15 May 2003

BDMMR2 Carramba The Crown Court Birmingham. 2009

APCWP2  Mike Greenslade   A row of green portable toilets in a field

C1K2YR  Piotr Marcinski Beautiful female body isolated on white. Sexy young woman in blue panties

B85R08  Nigel Cattlin  Spray sitting on the top of a young barley crop after tractor and trailer on a still morning

Thank you again.

Allan

While I enjoy finding other people’s pix, it’s not totally altruistic. It’s interesting to see which pictures sell, and trying to understand why one pic sells - for particular search terms - and not another. Some pix turn up at the top of the most obvious search; other buyers presumably go through page after page, to find the right image for their needs.

I’m fascinated by keywording: specifically the words that don’t appear. ‘Tablet’ but not ‘computer’, ‘teenager’ but not ‘girl’, ‘generic’ keywords applied indiscriminately to every pic in a shoot, etc. And these are pix that sell. Imagine how many pix in the Alamy collection will never be found, because the photographer simply doesn’t understand the keywording process.

It all helps me - in my choice of viewpoint, keyword, etc - so it’s not time wasted...

Thank you again.

Allan

While I enjoy finding other people’s pix, it’s not totally altruistic. It’s interesting to see which pictures sell, and trying to understand why one pic sells - for particular search terms - and not another. Some pix turn up at the top of the most obvious search; other buyers presumably go through page after page, to find the right image for their needs.

I’m fascinated by keywording: specifically the words that don’t appear. ‘Tablet’ but not ‘computer’, ‘teenager’ but not ‘girl’, ‘generic’ keywords applied indiscriminately to every pic in a shoot, etc. And these are pix that sell. Imagine how many pix in the Alamy collection will never be found, because the photographer simply doesn’t understand the keywording process.

It all helps me - in my choice of viewpoint, keyword, etc - so it’s not time wasted...

HEAR, HEAR, Alan!  Actually makes me guilty enough to get off my butt every now and again and contribute my own efforts to the 'Have you found...' threads!

John, agreed: it's a constant surprise to me, too.  But certain names crop up again and again: I can only guess that having found a suitable image, the togs name is noted, their portfolio browsed and (if found to have potential), the name noted for possible future use.  When looking for new images, a search might then made of the togs portfolios on said list, first?

I, too, have made searches for found images using all manner of keyword combinations, where it has been extremely difficult to get a result.  My presumption that some media outlets retain a list of togs names, whose portfolios are searched for anything suitable in the first instance, is the only answer I can come up with.

theguardian.com

Saturday 15th February

Facebook made my teenager into an ad. What parent would ever 'like' that?
D445D2 by dpa / dpa picture alliance (image rotated 180°)
D445D2.jpg

Phone manufacturers only have one chance to get it right
A6YD60 by Phil Cawley (used despite restrictions apparently excluding editorial use)
A6YD60.jpg

My university just pays lip service to equality and diversity

AM338G by Martin Barraud / OJO Images Ltd

AM338G.jpg

theguardian.com

Saturday 15th February

Helen Mirren: her career in film and TV so far - in pictures (gallery)

BKJ547 by Moviestore Collection / Moviestore collection Ltd

BKJ547.jpg

B85MTK by Archives du 7eme Art / Photos 12

B85MTK.jpg

Measure of the season: what's hot and what's not for spring/summer 2014

Not even going to begin to try - it's a cat.  I know no more!  Over to the feline experts to trace this one!

The-Measure-cat-001.jpg

B87GFP by Photo12.com (I thought that Alamy were stripping Website links?!) - Thierry Seray / Photos 12 (cropped)

B87GFP.jpg

Just as a matter of (humorous) interest, I took a quick look for the above cat photo using the keywords 'short haired cat looking up'.  Very few results (80) which didn't include the image, so out of interest, I shortened the search to 'cat looking up'.  6,589 Results now, too many without knowing the cat brand :D !

...but this was the 5th image on page 1:

A8H7JC.jpg

Confused?  It's title is 'Meer Cat Portrait'!

Sunday Times Home 16th

P15 DAY46Y chris warren   Bishops Palace Gardens Chichester Cathedral Chichester West Sussex England - No credits, might not be Alamy Edit - it is on the web version.

DAY46Y.jpg

P18 C41X8B lowefoto  Skyline Central apartments, Northern Quarter, Manchester, England, UK. With sphere sculpture suspended from wires.

C41X8B.jpg

P40-41 There is a photo credit to Parker Photography/Alamy of flower Cosmos in Sarah Raven's garden but I can't find the photo in that collection

Archived