How long does it take between live news pictures disappearing from the live news search and turning up in the general searches?

The last couple of events I've covered have disappeared for a while before being available again, despite being annotated as soon as possible.

News, Reportage and Archive images bypass QC within minutes. You can view the status of specific uploads on the "Track Submissions" page. If I have time I normally Caption and Keyword minutes later when they become available in Manage Images.

Once they've been in Alamy Live News for 48 hours they'll be added to archive with the next update. Last time I uploaded a batch of News, and a second batch of Reportage. They were indexed in the archive on the same day.

the news team works weekends/bank holidays....and any edits you make to  the captions/keywords of news images are immediately implemented... no need to wait for the 24 update cycle.....

handy for getting a 'holding' caption up for a whole set of images, and then editing them to more accurately reflect individual frames

km

Absolutely right Keith, what I was referring to though is if the images life in the newsfeed expires over the weekend (i.e. once they are 48 old) there will be a period (until the next update) when they are not searchable.

Even if all of the data has not be entered, they will still actually be on sale and just hilighted as "images on sale requiring more data" in manage images...

Thanks for the replies - they don't really tally with my experience though. I do caption and keyword as soon as they appear in Manage Images but I have experienced a delay between them leaving the news feed and appearing in general searches. Maybe it is due to weekends.

Archived