Almost no processing before contributing, is that right?

Hi, I started contributing last year and am about to start going through my hard drive pictures now to increase my portfolio, but I feel that I should be looking for more or less straight from camera shots (check focus, correct exposure and fix chromatic aberration only) rather than shots which have been given some punch.

Am I right in thinking that I really shouldn't mess with my pictures before submitting?

I like the (creative) results I put on Flckr for pleasure, but wouldn't dare put them on Alamy at full size for fear of rejection.

Could some one flick (no pun intended) through my snaps here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42701751@N03/

... then have a look on my Alamy (Mick Flynn) and make any suggestions as to what I should do when uploading to Alamy.

Mickfly,

You can upload whatever you want..... as slong you choose in the attrubutes for "yes" by the question "Is the image digital altered?".

Of course if you have editorial it will be better to make candid shots since editorial clients needs to see the "real view".

Mirco

Assuming that nothing is added or taken away, the are manipulated but none of those is what I would call digitally altered. They're just what you would once have done in the darkroom.

None of my current images is submitted as-is- they all have some adjustment. However you have to be careful not to introduce artefacts which would fall foul of QC at 100%.

Am I right in thinking that I really shouldn't mess with my pictures before submitting?

One person's "messing" is what others might call "finishing the job". Only you can know how you want your pix to look. One thing I try to remember is that clients first see our pix as thumbnails. So better if the pix have a bit of 'look at me!' pop...

Mickfly,

You can upload whatever you want..... as slong you choose in the attrubutes for "yes" by the question "Is the image digital altered?".

Of course if you have editorial shots it will be better to make candid shots since editorial clients needs to see the "real view".

Mirco

Micro,

If I do some alterations and tick 'yes', would it make a difference in what licensing I should choose?

Mickfly,

Of course if you have editorial shots it will be better to make candid shots since editorial clients needs to see the "real view".

Mirco

Micro,

If I do some alterations and tick 'yes', would it make a difference in what licensing I should choose?

Mickfly,

Doesn't make difference. Just remember that with RF if there are people or trademark objects you always need a release. If you dont have release then RM should be choosen.

Mick, don't make up silly rules for yourself.  Read this:  http://www.alamy.com/contributor/help/prepare-images.asp 

Why is it that so many newbies don't take the time to read the information that Alamy has gone to the trouble to post???

Ed, I had read the rules and also searched through the forum, but was looking for clarification or rather contributors opinions on the allowable amount of processing!

Why do people assume that newbies never read what they can before putting a foot in with the sharks?

Archived