Zero.

Nothing special here, my stats are 1 image per month and have already sold 4 this year ... Not in NU and less than 1000 photos.

Four sales grossing just short of $350. No distributors fortunately.

Happy with that, but not so happy with a marked drop off in zooms and CTR.  March was a great month for zooms, but Feb and April both dreadful.

Alamy collection huge, mine a tiny fraction, so in the lap of the gods I guess.

Average sales for me....but my record lowest ever price for a sale ....$1     That's 50 cents for me......if I was writing this on paper rather than a PC you would see the ink smudged by tear stains! 

April was the cruellest month for a long time with only four distributor sales totalling a whopping $130 gross (I don't want to even think about the net). However, zooms and CTR remained healthy, so I'm hoping that April was just "one of those months."

Sorry, I pressed the 'best answer' button on david's post, which doesn't really make sense (me pressing the button not David's post!).

Alamy can you un 'best answer' it please!

41 licenses, gross $1600+ (but note April last year I grossed virtually the same with only 18 sales....)

Views and zooms both up; CTR about the same...

In the newspaper scheme but not in NU

Kumar Sriskandan

After 4 decent months of sales I am hoping this month is a blip with 2 licenses sold for $80.

Views and zooms healthy. BHZ ranking stayed at the same position and current total CTR is 0.45

Regards

Craig

Reimar - RF once again showed me that RF is valuable. A relatively small RF download got the highest figure for the month. I could have been looking at $2250 if they had all been like that.

I try to make my images RF if I can.  Last month one went for $421.  This month ranged from about $10 (2), $27 (4), about $50 (2), $110-160 (4) to $200 (2).

p.s. Stokie, that's so funny.  I haven't even found the best answer button.

Just one newspaper sale that hasn't shown up yet but I've only just started to upload in the last couple of months and have a way to go to get a serious amount of images.

I've been a member since 2006 and had a couple of dozen images loaded at the time but realised that my keywording was ineffective and decided to make an effort to get a decent portfolio going.

I even got one of those famous $27 Huffs in March :)

Reimar, that's interesting about RF as I've always thought RM was the way to go for decent returns.

22 item(s) totalling $1084.51

(9 NU and 5 more for micro money to India, UK newspaper and Italy)

May 2012: 18 for $1376.34 (incl 5 NU)

May 2011: 11 for $701.18 (incl 2 NU)

May 2010: 12 for $256,08 (incl 9 NU)

May 2009: 1 for $98
May 2008: 9 for $733

May 2007: 2 for $217
May 2006: 2 for $220

wim

Ahh.. i don't realize that another month has ended until i see this thread..
just 3 sales (distributor) for gross 21.42$ and net 6.42$ for total about 600 images.. 

Highest and lowest both = 7.14$

Tony, forgive me for asking this, but your Alamy portfolio says you have 413 images,  how do you get to a total of 3,900?

This is my 1st post on the new forum, & I too was surprised to see I only had 413 images, none of which are mine!

I do have 3,900 images under my one & only pseudonym "tony watson". 

I think i'll ask alamy what's gone wrong.

Absolutely HORRID!

The worst month since March 2009.

Only 5 sales that when I subtract the alamy and distributor's share leave me image commissions smaller than my "Single Downloads" and Extended Licenses programs at Shutterstock.

So, at this point I'm having sales with a higher price in microstock than with alamy.

Hi Jose  I too am doing both microstock and here on Alamy and getting mixed results. I get more numbers of sales on Shutterstock and iStockphoto but they are miniscule amounts (and I have very few shots on those sites - experimenting at this stage). On Alamy I got 3 sales last month and two were for $1 each novel use. 

How do you decide which images you put where? Do you put the same in both places? And how do you juggle RM and RF?  Reading others reaults I am wondering whether all the effort is worth the rewards - or lack of them.

Ray

Archived