A tip . . . a warning

I have a BHZ image. I've never taken it very seriously, but I have one. It used to appear on Page Three of the search. I added one word to the keywords yesterday . . . and now it seems to have moved down to Nowheresville. (After going to Page 10, I stopped looking.) A little nervous making, no? 

My placement on specific searches always puts at least one image high, on Page One. I'm going to wait a few days and check BHZ again. Maybe it hasn't updated yet. After that I'll put BHZ on a different image. 

Ed

What's a BHZ? Has it got something to do with high earnings?

No, its a way of seeing how your images sits in the ranking. You pick a random image and add BHZ as a keyword.

Then wait until a re-rank happens and you will get to see where your images sit in the results.

Not scientific in anyway but could be used as a rough guide.

Alamy says it isn't an idicator to rank but its a game we play for fun.

Here is how to play:

1. select ONE RIGHTS MANAGED image for each pseudonym you have
2. for each of those images put BHZ in the essential keyword field
3. The next working day, do an alamy search for BHZ, and select RM only, and
"Relevant "rather than "best of "or "new "search.
4. Looking at pages of 120 images, see where each of your images is
5. Every 100 days or so when there is a change in BHZ or "rank" look to see where
your images have moved - up or down

This works on the fact that firstly BHZ (as I think originally suggested years ago by tony
(mzupa5) has no other search relevance to anything; and secondly that RM images are ordered
by your rank for each pseudonym you have (rather than RF images which are put in searches
depending on how many RF images there are in the search). Alamy will tell you that rank is
dependent on many factors, but the BHZ rank appears to be the closest way anyone has yet
found to visualising ones rank

Alamy says it isn't an idicator to rank but its a game we play for fun.

Here is how to play:

1. select ONE RIGHTS MANAGED image for each pseudonym you have

2. for each of those images put BHZ in the essential keyword field

Additionally, BHZ should be the first keyword in the essential field.

Archived