Invitation to apply for the Tim Hetherington Grant

Hi All,

Anyone into this?

Dear.............

We would like to invite you to apply for the 2013 Tim Hetherington Grant, a joint initiative by World Press Photo and Human Rights Watch in remembrance of the late Tim Hetherington. 

The annual grant, worth € 20,000, will be awarded to a photographer to complete an existing project on a human rights theme. Applications can be submitted by any photographer who has participated in a World Press Photo Contest (Photo or Multimedia) between 2008 and 2013 which, according to our administration, includes you.

For more information and to apply for the Tim Hetherington grant, please click the button below or go to:http://www.worldpressphoto.org/content/call-applications-third-tim-hetherington-grant

Apply Now

Please note that the deadline for applications is 17 October 2013.

We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at grants@worldpressphoto.org.

With kind regards,

The Grants team

World Press Photo
Jacob Obrechtstraat 26

1071 KM AMSTERDAM

The Netherlands

office@worldpressphoto.org

www.worldpressphoto.org

Hi All,

It's interesting that amongst all our debate about low fees for image use that this post hasn't even been viewed yet. Let alone replied too.

Of course one may enter and not win the award - I've done so on many occasions - but I feel that often the energy of entering such things generates a good work vibe and positives come from the process.

I'm no fan of Tim Hetherington's work - which is not to say I don't admire his courage - but I find his work banal - maybe that is just because war is banal these days.

However this is a good opportunity for the reportage/photojournalists amongst us. I, for one, would like to see the nepotistic and hegemonic influence of the likes of Magnum etc. broken by the morally 'honest' folk from Alamy.

Regards

Richard

Seems a shame he died doing 'banal ' stuff then :-(

Thought he was pretty brave reporting from war zones myself.

Yes Ace, It's a damn shame and the shame lies with the preoccupation of the print/news/tv media with the 'celebrity culture' which they manipulate to sell their product.

I have worked in warzones around the world and had many pictures published in 'leading media' . I gave this bullshit up in 2000 after a good friend was killed in Afghanistan - yeah - no one gave a shiite about that place 'till 2001 and 9/11. Lost friends too in former Yugoslavia. We all thought that what we were documenting would make 'a difference'. The only difference Fleet Street cared about (and paid handsomely for) was the different dresses Posh or Becks wore.

As I said, I admired the mans bravery. Doesn't mean I have to like his work.

Best

Richard

Archived