Tracking activity on your images

Hi all

As a relative newcomer to the library I am interested as to whether you track the activity on your own images.?..Do you just rely on the My Alamy "your images" or do you use your own tecniques?

Google Your Pseudonym/Alamy.

which is fine, up to a point, in tracking some usages of licenced images.....but i think the OP was asking about activity within the Alamy site  - ie, what sort of traffic/views etc his work was recieving ...

the facilty doesn't yet exist to relate images to views/zooms/searches.....It exists the other way (ie Alamy Measures lists the searches and then brings up the images of yours that were viewed. What you can't do is pull up an image and see a list of searches for which it was viewed...if you see what i mean...) Personally i think such a feature would be useful....and from a database interrogation point not that complex to do...

km

Good God - thank you Keith!!

I agree that it would be more than a good idea - indeed very helpful - if each individual pic could be checked for number of zooms  - this could help us refine it and improve sales chances. Edit keywords, delete, refine, etc etc.

nj

Thanks, Redsnapper (and everyone else).  That certainly finds my images (one by one) but on a site called www.dijitalimaj.com ??????  Are they a subsidiary or agent of Alamy ?...I don't have an account with them, but all the images carry the Alamy reference and are marked `Alamy Images'.

What it doesn't do is finf how many views/zooms each image has had, which, personally, I think wouldbe useful for gauging future activity.

Thanks, Redsnapper (and everyone else).  That certainly finds my images (one by one) but on a site called www.dijitalimaj.com ??????  Are they a subsidiary or agent of Alamy ?...I don't have an account with them, but all the images carry the Alamy reference and are marked `Alamy Images'.

What it doesn't do is finf how many views/zooms each image has had, which, personally, I think wouldbe useful for gauging future activity.

I'm answering my own question...partly...had this quick response from the member services team...thought it worth sharing :)

"The Website dijitalimaj is our official Alamy distributor and as you have opted in for Distribution scheme your images are available in our distributors site.

Please visit the full list of our current distribution partners: http://www.alamy.com/distributors.asp

The commission structure for sales through third parties is as follows:

• Alamy commission 30%

• Distributor commission 40%

• Contributor commission 30%

This is considerably higher than the industry standard of between 20% and 35% in similar schemes offered by some of Alamy's competitors."

Archived