Hi, I'm pretty new here,about one year contributor

Kenn Sharp

My images are mostly landscape type images so I expect that there will be lots and lots of competition in that area. Still waiting for first sale here although some of my images here have multiple sales elsewhere.

I will keep on taking pictures that I like and will keep on submitting, hopefully a few other people will like some of them too.

One of the things I've found during my relatively short time with Alamy is the need for precision in keywording.  Research is the key,  For example your image HXHETE (and the similar HXHEX0) the steam engine has a front plate number.  It took me seconds to find that it's the ex Southern Rail 4-6-2 "Battle of Britain" Class No. 34070 Manston, at the Swanage Line.  None of that appears in your caption or keywording.  Effectively, you've cut yourself off from the railway enthusiast magazine market as well as other potential markets that might use precisely labelled imagery. 

Agree with Geoff that many are too warm.  Some lovely images, though.

I've found, when taking images in the golden hour, that I need to use the temperature slider in LR or PS to remove a bit of the warmth because many times that's what hits me in the face when I look at them, to the detriment of the subject. I still want the lovely light, just not too much of it! I want to notice the scene foremost, then the light, not the other way around.

Are you shooting Raw? 

Betty

I'm not one of the experts here on processing but my first impression was that they are too yellow. I would check the white balance. I use Lightroom and the eyedropper tool can be very useful. As you move it around you can see results in the little preview box as well as seeing the colors in the tool itself. It's the most recent ones that look problematic to my eyes.

Paulette

your colours are way off in alot of your images but then again it works in some of them.....probably the ones that sold ?

Learn more about colours and look at other ppls work,white balance is sometimes critical but you can use it in lightroom to great effect

If you care about youself and your work dont submit to cheap sites,i once got like 50p for a pic i deleted my account needless to say.

I only submit to the best and Alamy is one of only 3.

I learned a hell of alot from this forum and Alamy and no 1 is quality,quality,quality and more quality.

Archived