All my images have been deleted

Have just accessed my image manager page to find that all my pictures have been deleted. Alamy contacted me last week to say that there had been a security problem with my account and could I change my password. I did this while on the phone to them but never thought to check my images as I was busy with other things. Anyway they are all now marked as 'deleted'. Have contacted contributor services so we'll see. What a bummer! Alamy never told me it was that serious.

I just got a very prompt reply from contributor services................

"Hi Pete,

We have looked into this case and there appears to have been a technical glitch at our end. Your account was frozen following a security review and you reset your password as requested which is great and the account was unfrozen.

Unfortunately, when the account was frozen something triggered a process at our end to remove the images in error. This has been flagged with our technical team who are in the process of reinstating the images for you as soon as possible.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused, and thank you for your patience whilst this is being sorted out.

Thanks

Corin"

Hopefully all will be well but maybe as Bryan says, a change of passwords for all might be an idea.

23 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Today's database update hasn't happened yet (0920). Might be relevant.

Yes, that might have been relevant but sadly not it seems. All my images still deleted. What Alamy called a 'technical glitch their end' is a bit more than that for me! Luckily for me, income from stock only represents a miniscule proportion of my photographic income but I do resent all the work I have put in to those going down the pan. Has this happened to anyone else I wonder?

Pete Davis

http://www.pete-davis-photography.com/

http://peteslandscape.blogspot.co.uk

24 minutes ago, John Walker said:

They are back :)

Yes! I can breathe again! :D Worrying sequence of events though. Alamy have not been too forthcoming about what exactly happened. I suspect that someone hacked into my account, Alamy spotted it, suspended my account temporarily until I changed my password but somehow deleted all my images at the same time. A cautionary tale for all of us I think. 

Referring to another thread here about so-called 'personal sales', I have removed that option from all my images due to the blatant abuse of that option and the fact that so many are refunded after they have been downloaded. 

Pete Davis

www.pete-davis-photography.com

http://peteslandscape.blogspot.co.uk

Archived