Sales ... up or down over the past 6 months ?

Compared to the first six months of 2016, sales are up 29% and revenue up 17% for first six months of 2017.

Approx 20% more images.

RPI 2016 $28

RPI 2017 $24

(Not as bad as I thought actually)

John.

2 hours ago, GS-Images said:

I know we've discussed this before, but please give it more time. It usually takes months for sales to come through. I had a look at your images and you clearly have some very good ones, so I can see that you know how to take and process a photo, and many really do stand out very nicely. They look very sellable to me and of high quality. Concentrate on tags/captions to give them every chance of being seen, sit tight and give it another few months.

Geoff.

Thanks Geoff, that's very kind of you to say and encouraging. I will persist and look into keywords a bit more.

4 hours ago, Arletta said:

Ace, maybe you plan to do some workshops of moaning? I do moan and it does not help that much... Must be doing it wrong... -_-

LOL.  That's a brilliant idea ?

21 hours ago, arterra said:

Just an observation: those who complain here about poor sales usually have a microstock background and keep shooting typical microstock stuff. But Alamy is mainly editorial. 

Shoot very well defined subjects with EDITORIAL clients in mind.

Just my two cents but images like the following are a waste of time when submitting to an editorial agency:

Detail of illuminated arrow on a amusement ride. - Stock Image   Metallic female mannequin head with wig and sunglasses. - Stock Image   Big Tops - Stock Image

Detail Of Neo Classical Stone fence. - Stock Image   A corroded old diamond shaped traffic sign. - Stock Image   Red metal barred modern security barrier against a blue sky. - Stock Image

Just ask yourself "who would buy this ...... to illustrate what?

Better concentrate on the following which should sell better for editorial purposes because they are well defined subjects that might fit to illustrate articles:

Statue of Captain Frederic John Walker Looking Out To Sea, Liverpool.Walker was the most successful anti-submarine warfare commander during the Battle - Stock Image   Manchester Town Hall - Stock Image   Signpost for the cleveland way coastal walk in North Yorkshire near Robin Hood's Bay. - Stock Image

Modern closed circuit tv camera isolated against a blue sky. - Stock Image   Life size model of a Roman Soldier in full costume. - Stock Image   Apple Orchard - Stock Image

Detail of the cockpit of Concorde, now out of service. - Stock Image   Sir Winston Churchill Memorial in Toronto, Canada with his statue in the background. - Stock Image   Surveyors With Measuring Wheel - Stock Image

Cheers,

Philippe

Thanks for the

On 7/24/2017 at 09:33, GS-Images said:

I know we've discussed this before, but please give it more time. It usually takes months for sales to come through. I had a look at your images and you clearly have some very good ones, so I can see that you know how to take and process a photo, and many really do stand out very nicely. They look very sellable to me and of high quality. Concentrate on tags/captions to give them every chance of being seen, sit tight and give it another few months.

Geoff.

What I will say is ALL my hard work prioritising keywords in the past has been undone when Alamy introduced the new system. Looking at earlier submissions I am finding that I have about 3 or 4 prioritised keywords which will drastically reduce my chances of being found. Basically all that work has gone and I will now have to do it all again. Very very frustrating!

I attended a seminar two years ago with Keith Morris having been forced to give up weddings and deciding to take my stock photography a bit more seriously. It was a really good day and he's excellent. The main thing I remember taking away was that, in his opinion, stock sales on Alamy (of quality photo's, and as Philippe says, of editorial content) was mainly a numbers game. 

My own experience , as a relative newbie, has pretty much proven this to be true, for me. I've  just gone over the thousand mark with uploads from about 500 the same time last year, and my sales figures have exactly doubled. I don' t sell masses but I've average about four sales a month this year. 

I doubled my sales over 2015 to 2016, but that's not going to happen this year.

It think it will not even reach the same amount as last year, but lets hope for a surge the second half of the year. ;)

Perry

On 26/07/2017 at 17:01, Foreign Export said:

sales up

income/image dropping 

this month is the worst ever- less than $20 per image average 

Off you go then, take action. No point moaning!

2 hours ago, Marb said:

Off you go then, take action. No point moaning!

If you read the posts carefully - you will note that my comment states facts - yours is referring to sending your exclusive images to micro stock agencies

Therefore 2 very different posts with two very different intents.

Hopefully I won't have to explain that further to you

At the moment I'm 10% down is Sales, but revenue is holding up.  Like many, I'm hoping for a good end to the year and to match/equal last year - last year was the best ever for me in both volumes and sales

Archived