Some clarity on PU prices please

I'm completely confused by the fees obtained through Personal Use.  Today I had a sale for $11.19.  It was for the same image that sold last month for $9.81 (C3X54M), a bit of a coincidence in itself.  I don't have a problem with low fees for this type of use as long as they're honestly applied but I fail to see how the prices were arrived at.  In the UK the fee is £11.99.  I don't know what it is in the US but it clearly wouldn't be either $9.81 or $11.19.  Perhaps it's a sale from another country - it would help greatly if this information was applied to the sale rather than the generic "Worldwide".  

Or perhaps I'm missing something?  I'm hoping someone can educate me.

Chris

13 minutes ago, kay said:

Hi Chris

My best guess is someone's used an alamy discount code that are often available - 20% off type thing :)

Kay

Thanks for that- I didn't know about those. It accounts for five of mine the other day.

Thanks all - it goes some way to explaining the discrepancy.  

Kay - you could be right.  In fact I think the whole stock industry is using a discount code :mellow:.  Philippe, it seems that living in the Euro-zone entitles you to lower prices than in the UK (€9.99 against £11.99).  Strange.

Chris

1 hour ago, Chris Mattison said:

OK, it gets curiouser.  The sale with the lower price has refunded!  A pointless exercise, as far as I can see, for the sake of $1.28!

Chris

Maybe not, if it was one of a batch of 100 that the purchaser bought as a job lot.

Of course, you would then ask why someone would want 100 images for personal use.

Alan

Archived