When trying to log in to alamy FTP (through photoshelter), I repeatedly get "530 error." It's worked in past.

If you experienced this problem, what did you do to resolve it? (If all else fails, I'll contact Member Services.)

Thank you - Ann

Am I correct that there's no way to delete submissions waiting for QC?

Background:

• I tried FTP'ing the photos via photoshelter, and they went nowhere ( 0 bytes).  For a LONG time, I kept getting "waiting for photoshelter" message. So I Canceled the uploads, in fact canceled each a few times.
  • Then I tried with Cyberduck, which gave unclear/misleading indications of what it had/hadn't uploaded, so I canceled that.
  • So I used Alamy's online Uploader, and it went fine. 
  • Later, I checked my submissions, and those files are all together in an upload I named "American Grit TV Contestant..."  Yay!
  • BUT above that (arrived more recently) I have 35 FTP'd files, all duplicates or triplicates of ones uploaded via Alamy's online uploaded.

-------------

Spacecadet & Russell - Thank you very much for your info.  Yes, it was an error on my end - password was out-of-date.

- Ann

Ann, there is no way to delete a submission prior to QC. You might try CS to ask if they will delete the whole submission, alternatively (assuming you're confident with the content) wait until they've passed QC then delete the duplicates. Before the images go on sale the delete takes immediate effect.

On 7/12/2017 at 14:14, Russell said:

Ann, there is no way to delete a submission prior to QC. You might try CS to ask if they will delete the whole submission, alternatively (assuming you're confident with the content) wait until they've passed QC then delete the duplicates. Before the images go on sale the delete takes immediate effect.

Thanks, Russell.

(Briefly, I was capturing news photos at night in available light. Main subject made it clear the TV network would have to give permission before I could upload images to agency. Well, that took a couple of days - well past the 24 hour live news limit.

I'll wait & see what happens....)

- Ann

UPDATE:  As soon as I learned batch passed QC, I deleted FTP-glitch duplicates (as you mentioned above), so all's well that ends well.

Archived