Editorial use only and distributors

I have an image restricted to editorial use only on Alamy, and a distributor is apparently offering it for commercial and advertising use. Has anyone else encountered this?

There doesn't seem to be much point in restricting images in the new AIM if distributors aren't going to follow suit.

I always understood from previous threads (some way back) that putting restrictions on an image supposedly took it out of the distributor pool. You are obviously finding that is not the case.  Whatever, the restrictions should be passed through or as you say it is meaningless, but then restrictions have always seemed a bit ineffective anyway.

37 minutes ago, Martin P Wilson said:

I always understood from previous threads (some way back) that putting restrictions on an image supposedly took it out of the distributor pool. You are obviously finding that is not the case.  Whatever, the restrictions should be passed through or as you say it is meaningless, but then restrictions have always seemed a bit ineffective anyway.

Putting editorial only restrictions on images doesn't take them out of the distributor pool, which is fine with me as long as restrictions are adhered to.

Archived