Hi all,

i am wondering which is the purpose of deleting pictures from a portfolio.

It seems apparently one could benefit from having less pictures so less views which could lead to a better CTR.

In the scenario of too much views without consistent zooms, wouldn't be better to move bad performing pictures to a different pseudo instead of deleting them?

Thanks in advance

I think if you have too many similars, deleting all but the best ones will help CTR.  Many times a search turns up your least desirable image before your best.

it has been posed that pseudos are now linked so I doubt moving the dogs to a different pseudo would help.

Do a test. Out of a set with same keywords, put your nicest in your best performing pseudo. Put the worst of the set in a different pseudo. Wait for an update.....do a search and see what page they land on.

Betty

I've never used anything but the one pseudo, and I tend not to upload a lot of similars . . . except for my compulsion with capturing my Mexican lunches. In a couple of weeks I will do a major culling of what I consider to be undesirable stuff. 

Why indeed? Quite a few photographers try to be clever and out-guess Alamy and the latest algorithms. Better to just gather up well thought out new photographs.

Your selections are pretty varied,  my only criticism is that some of your shots could do with some post production adjustments. But perhaps you don't have software capable of helping out originals with adjustments like bringing out details from shadows or bumping up saturation on dull days? Photoshop is the best, but it is expensive, there are cheaper, even free alternatives available. If you are simply uploading as produced by the camera, you will struggle for sales.

A few years back, I began looking at my earliest submissions. These were ones processed poorly, while I was still learning, and before the software was as good as it is now.  Also, there were some poorly thought out images that really didn't answer the question, "what can this illustrate?"

i began deleting some. When a hundred or two were gone, others still awaiting, one awaiting final action sold. A real dog, in my opinion. It has sold twice, in fact.

i asked Alamy to remove the batch awaiting deletion, and now I leave them alone. Although recently I deleted 30-40 of my artistic ones that Alamy made available for PU. I don't want that competition with my POD site.

Betty

Archived