My iPad has been officially rendered useless.  I tried for 15 minutes last night to get on to the Alamy site.  I mustive gone through about 20 Captcha screens.  Nothing worked. After doing Captcha, the sign in doesn't work.  Period. 

Same thing this morning.  So much for AIM working for iPads.  We are regressing, not progressing.

And yes, I'm furious! :angry:

I'd never heard of Captcha, or encountered it before until here.  I was one of the early supporters of the new AIM.  No longer.  And its not just AIM, it's everything. Nothing works.

Instead of checking my zooms or sales on my iPad, I get to fire up the beast. The only reason I'm able to type this is Firefox works on my Mac!!  Wonder how long before that's screwed up.

Betty

It must be a local problem as I'm typing this on an iPad and have just finished keywording in AIM from it. 

No Captcha sign in requirement either ! 

28 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

It is close to unusable though on a mobile device, and a tweet from the content team today or yesterday actually said that AIM won't display properly on a mobile device, so you should use a PC! So what was the point?

Now that is indeed totally ridiculous. I can't believe they are advising that but they are.

Clearly the user interface of the new AIM was designed with mobile devices in mind, despite the fact that the vast majority of photographers use computers, and now they advise using a computer. It is not far off unusable in my opinion on a computer as well or at the very least a total pain to use. I don't understand why Alamy did not consult contributors properly at the design stage. That is the most important stage to get feedback from users as it is too late after that. There was a thread here asking about what features people would like and then no consultation until the beta testing it seems.

It seems like somebody had the bright idea that because everybody is moving towards tablets and phones then the UI should be designed that way. But photographers are always going to be using computers and big screens of course (except for news photographers uploading in the field). What were they thinking?

I was having problems too on my desktop with Captcha and like Betty went through the cycle 20 times before being sooo disheartened I blew off at Alamy CS.

That advised me to clear cookies history and it worked. Next sign in got straight in with one go.

Allan

12 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

My iPad has been officially rendered useless.  I tried for 15 minutes last night to get on to the Alamy site.  I mustive gone through about 20 Captcha screens.  Nothing worked. After doing Captcha, the sign in doesn't work.  Period. 

Same thing this morning.  So much for AIM working for iPads.  We are regressing, not progressing.

And yes, I'm furious! :angry:

I'd never heard of Captcha, or encountered it before until here.  I was one of the early supporters of the new AIM.  No longer.  And its not just AIM, it's everything. Nothing works.

Instead of checking my zooms or sales on my iPad, I get to fire up the beast. The only reason I'm able to type this is Firefox works on my Mac!!  Wonder how long before that's screwed up.

I have an iPad Mini 4 and didn't have any trouble logging in.  I'd check for updates on the iPad iOS, and see if that fixes things or if this was a transient glitch.  

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

I can't do cookies on the iPad, can I?

Try this:

Settings>Safari>Advanced>Website data>Show all sites

Scroll down until you find a link to Alamy. Slide it left and select "delete."

It may take a bit of scrolling until you find the Alamy link.

13 hours ago, Cecile Marion said:

Try this:

Settings>Safari>Advanced>Website data>Show all sites

Scroll down until you find a link to Alamy. Slide it left and select "delete."

It may take a bit of scrolling until you find the Alamy link.

Cecil, you de man.  It worked.  I can't believe it.  Thank you so very much!! :wub:

Betty

Yah!!!!!!!

Betty, closing out Safari before you remove any cookies, and shutting down/restarting the iPad is a good idea, too. 

Also, there's another way you can do it without hunting and picking out offending cookies, but it will clear out ALL your cookies, passwords, etc. 

17 minutes ago, Cecile Marion said:

Yah!!!!!!!

Betty, closing out Safari before you remove any cookies, and shutting down/restarting the iPad is a good idea, too. 

Also, there's another way you can do it without hunting and picking out offending cookies, but it will clear out ALL your cookies, passwords, etc. 

Actually, it was very easy. I just had to scroll for 30 seconds or so. That's no biggie.  I can't believe it was that simple. :D

13 hours ago, Jon Lewis said:

Hi Betty 

Just heard from MS the google captcha will be gone next week hurrrahh

Jon

Good news, Jon!

People will be doing backflips over this!

Betty

3 hours ago, arterra said:

In order to avoid everybody landing in hospital next week, here is: "How to do a Backflip for Beginners-_-

Cheers,

Philippe

Philippe, your humor is a joy. ? 

I need some humor since the week has been filled with Clinic care, doctors and the Emergency Room. I'm struggling hard to breathe.

Asthma/developing pneumonia is no fun. My daughter makes a great nurse, though.

Betty

Oh Betty. Take care of yourself. I know you are a caregiver yourself and don't forget the advice they give on airplanes. Put on your oxygen mask first before you help anyone else. Do lots of good things for yourself.

Paulette

On 7/3/2017 at 09:25, Betty LaRue said:

Here's real proof that Captcha screens are detrimental to our health!

Get well soon, Betty.

You guys make me feel better. Thanks! :wub: As far as that ice cream, great idea!

I think there's some in the freezer calling me. Some sherbet. Maybe I can put back on a few ounces of the pounds I've lost since this began.  I think it's pineapple/mango/coconut sherbet I've never tasted before. Oh, Joy!  I'll sandwich it between my breathing treatments.

Betty

Archived