Dark patches on submissions

Hi,

I'm not a prolific photographer. Apart from a couple of false starts I've had no trouble with QC and I often only submit one image so I guess that one image always gets full scrutiny.

My latest submission was uploaded at 0925 30.06.17. Now when I go to my image manager and look at those submissions there are large dark patches in the centre of all three. These are the only images that show such a dark patch. The images are marked 'Image in QC'. The original jpegs, with profile Adobe 1998, that were uploaded to Alamy are on my hard drive and they display no such dark patch. The three images are on sale elsewhere and display exactly as they should be, no dark patch. However, for that other site they have been converted to srgb.

The other difficulty is i that have some news images taken today 01.07.17. If the already submitted images are presenting to Alamy QC having somehow acquired a central dark patch, they will have absolutely no chance of passing. In fact nobody in their right mind would have submitted them looking like that. I have emailed contributors help but it is Saturday and I suppose it will be at the very least Monday before there is a reply. By that time the Saturday news images will be out of date.

That's why I am posting here in case any forum members can shed some light on what might have happened before Monday. Any help would be much appreciated.

36 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

Alamy add the dark patch to distinguish images still in QC.  It goes as soon as they pass and are available for keywording.  

Thank you very much for that explanation John. I had no idea they did that.

On 7/3/2017 at 09:34, spacecadet said:

News images bypass QC. You should have gone ahead- I believe the newsdesk is manned at weekends.

Thank you for your explanation, spacecadet.

Archived