Hi,

whats the rules in regards to Royal Mail post boxes. I've got a few good old V R embossed post boxes. But I'm unsure if these kind of images would need a property release or are they classed as public domain etc.. 

I presume its probably editorial use only, But I can't find anything of any sense searching so thought I'd ask.

thanks in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Under the new MI (with model and property releases tabs optional) I've noticed that if I do not complete these two optional tabs my RM images say no model or property release. So for RM images is there really a need (since the change) to complete these optional tabs unless you have releases?   

On 28/06/2017 at 10:39, spacecadet said:

+1. They still belong to the Queen.

How does the fact that the Royal Mail was privatised a few years ago affect this statement?

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

No.

I optionaled a handful at the start of AIM because it was part of the routine, but I've pretty well stopped now.

Thanks for that confirmation. I've in fact started to use it now when people are clearly part of the image and I want to state that number of people - something I always thought was its original purpose i.e. to assist buyers with selecting images with people in.  And doing like you do, I think, what I also like about the new AIM is that I no longer have to count all the specks of people in my images to confirm how many there are in order to get the image on sale as RM - I can instead just leave it at the default option of no model release.  

1 hour ago, MDM said:

How does the fact that the Royal Mail was privatised a few years ago affect this statement?

Dunno, but they're still called 'Royal Mail'. Maybe the Windsors have been privatised? ;) :)

5 hours ago, losdemas said:

Dunno, but they're still called 'Royal Mail'. Maybe the Windsors have been privatised? ;) :)

I dunno either. What I do know is that since they privatised the Royal Mail, we're all Losedors (except the geezers who nabbed up the shares at the silly low prices they sold it off for). As for the queues in the recently relocated main post office in my town - say no more.

Archived