Image link suggestion (merged from previous thread)

Alamy

6 hours ago, GS-Images said:

Oh I didn't realise we could post directly into the forum.

Unfortunately this isn't a feature we can continue to support due to storage restraints on the server side of our forum hosts. This feature should have been removed with the recent changes and was missed. Sorry, but for posting full res images etc it'll need to be links to external sites as before.

Best

Alamy

6 minutes ago, arterra said:

Could it be made possible to link posted Alamy pictures to their sales' pages (or whatever webpage) - as was possible before. Now, only text can be linked, but no pictures :(

Cheers,

Philippe

We'll look into this. You can post images by clicking the "insert other media" tab at the bottom right of the reply window and adding "insert image from URL".

Can you confirm the steps you used to take before to post the image with a link? We'll do our best to accommodate this within the new settings, it may be a simple option that didn't carry over within the update or there may just be a new way to do this - we''ll confirm. 

Best

Alamy

35 minutes ago, arterra said:

Could it be made possible to link posted Alamy pictures to their sales' pages (or whatever webpage) - as was possible before. Now, only text can be linked, but no pictures :(

Cheers,

Philippe

Thanks - we've moved this to it's own thread to prevent de-railing the original.

7 hours ago, arterra said:

I'm not talking about adding a picture, but adding a link to a picture (click on picture in post >> go to linked webpage). If that works for you, please show me an example. I've seen none so far since the new forum layout :mellow:

Cheers,

Philippe

Photography Prints   <<<<< can't link it
     Fine Art Collection Arterra       <<<<< can link it

Ahh I see.

You're right: that does not work.

There used to be a code or source screen as well, to solve really difficult linking. (Like Vimeo vids).

Also gone. Not that I regret that at the moment, because mine would default to html coding once in a while, for no reason.

Test image with link:

a-fence-bisecting-a-grassy-hill-under-a-

Hmm it looks like when you import an image with the link already present, that link stays with the image.

That would mean it works in some cases. Just one more workaround.

wim

edit: test worked

Archived