Tags as a drop down list populated every time a new tag is written.

BoBman

Hi,

First use of Alamy and amazed there is no storage of tags used as a drop down list. One has to call up an existing for sale image to have selected at same time as the newly passed QC one, to select both and select the tag required. This is not possible though , I did as forum said, search option enter both image codes with   or    between, and both will appear, that didnt happen, did it twice, failed twice. As such I have no access to the existing tags used.

A drop down list is the solution. far quicker and the only way of getting hold of an existing tag to apply to a new image.

BoBman

I am finding my idea of a tags drop down list almost vital as I am trying to remember what tags I used, as such they would be all there.

Typing out tags when entry could be a simple click, the time saving would be TREMENDOUS,

One would just select and hit enter, FAST AND EFFICIENT, SAME TAGS, CONFORMITY, CONTINUITY, NO SPELLING MISTAKES...

To filter them also valuable, just see those that have names, or geographical features, or colours, or emotional terms, etc

A no brainer surely.

Who else would like to see their tags in an easy to select way and save on hours of tagging ?

BoBman.

Sounds good to me. Wouldn't some of us have too many tags to make that feasible? I'm not knowledgable about things like this so I don't know. One thing that you can do is to do a regular search of your old image and copy the keywords from the preview page. You can then paste into the new image. The commas will cause them to appear as separate tags. They will be in alphabetical order so you may find you need to make phrases of some. I am not one to have taken to this new image manager. It simply drives me nuts.

Paulette

Just open a second AIM window and copy/paste from there.

Of course when one has a small port as you do, it's even simpler. Just select the image with the words you want and the target image, and click the tags you want to be common.

Wim's (reference) OR (reference) search works for me.

It wouldn't be SO bad if we could actually cut and paste tags from one image to another.

I'd also like to be able to see all the tags I've used, to click on one, and to bring up all images with that tag.  The main reason for this is to try to tidy up the tens of thousands of images I have which have been migrated from the previous system, which now have individual words as tags which should be compound tags eg. "northern" and "ireland" - should be "Northern Ireland".

It wouldn't be so bad if one could select multiple images and merge these keywords, but this only works if every image has fewer than 50 tags (or 10 supertags), and even then sometimes it won't let you.  So, PLEASE Alamy, let us merge keywords on multiple images even if there are 50+ tags.  It will make it so much easier to have efficient, well tagged images and will therefore help sales!

That certainly would help. I find that even if I only have about 45 keywords on each image I will be told I have more than 50 and I can't work on a batch. It counts all words, I guess, regardless of whether they appear in all images.

Paulette

Archived